Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks

Tool

Any tool fans out there??

Thought this was an interesting read in regards to their next album.

In an interview conducted in May 2007, Justin Chancellor stated that the band would probably continue their tour until early 2008 and then "take some time off".[73] He qualified this statement by adding that the band has already written new material and would surely release another album at some point down the road. A possible project until a next album is to make a "band movie", a possibility the band has reportedly considered for a long time. The ideas range from "a narrative story in a surreal fashion with as much money and special effects as possible" to "pockets of all of that or something that's live or the band playing".[74] Although Carey stated that the necessary know-how was at hand due to the many relations to artists working in the movie business, Jones dismissed the idea saying, "It's just talk right now."[74][75] According to Rolling Stone, after the 50th Grammy Awards, while attending a Sony BMG after party at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Keenan also promised another Tool album.[76] Asked in an early 2009 interview with Guitar World about the new album, Jones replied, "It's been coming along... great! [laughs] No, we've been on hiatus. I'm writing and Justin's been writing, but Maynard has been working on his wine. We've all just been taking some time away from each other, which has been nice. I've also been working on producing some comics."[77]
    On hiatus since early 2008, Tool was expected to begin writing a new album sometime in 2009, according to Keenan,[78] but gave no details on a possible release date. On March 24, 2009, the band's official website confirmed a Tool summer tour.[79] The tour debuted on July 18 in Commerce City, Colorado, at the Mile High Music Festival. The last dates were August 7–9 for Lollapalooza 2009 and a concluding show on August 22 for the Epicenter Festival in Pomona, California.[80] Tool headlined both.[81][82]
    According to the band's webmaster, by March 3, 2010, Tool had begun the writing process "in earnest" for their next album.[83] In late April and May 2010, Tool announced a series of tour dates across the U.S. and Canada for June and July. In late September 2010, it was revealed that Tool would be headlining Australia's Big Day Out Festival in early 2011.
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Owner Since

Thanks
    One of my fav bands, very creative and most importantly, original!

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Yeah, they are my favorite band! Gotta Love Em!
    Saw this concert!

Forum User
    Owner Since
    Before 3Si.

Thanks
    I love Tool and can't wait for another album.

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    It's all hiatus and apparently maynard is more concerned about his wine is what it seems like. Tool is known for making their fans wait impatiently for their albums.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Saw Tool a few years back. Amazing band. Even better with a little bit of... stimulation

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroth View Post
    Saw Tool a few years back. Amazing band. Even better with a little bit of... stimulation

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Fu@king awesome band, quite possibly my favorite. Got to see them in Knoxville a few years back. Maynard was wearing a bra and fake tits. Weird but very talented dude for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Fu@king awesome band, quite possibly my favorite. Got to see them in Knoxville a few years back. Maynard was wearing a bra and fake tits. Weird but very talented dude for sure.
    Yeah, he does not want the fans to know his identity (which he doesn't do it anymore) because he does not want his career affect his childs life.

Class of Jan. 2004 Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2003-2011

Thanks
    I saw them at Lollapalooza last year. AMAZING SHOW!

I know that he is spending most of his time on his wine stuffs, but A Perfect Circle is also scheduled to play some west coast shows, which hopefully leads to a full tour. So excited, I've seen them (APC) 3 times here in Chicago.