Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did my first real car show, 2nd place import.

Diamonds and Rust
    Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks

Did my first real car show, 2nd place import.

It was the last show of the year, indoor, all weekend long. not alot of imports but for being practicly the ONLY daily driver at the show i placed a nice second. not bad concidering it was a points show, my first and, i was up against all trailer queens in my class. its true i love my car but i always chicken out for shows cause all i see are the many flaws. it snowed outside and i kept telling the looky-loos that while everyone else will be sweating bullets getting thiers cars home, mine gets driven everyday in the rain, shine or, snow. i learned alot like to really compete i need carpet, stantions, display, ect...
    i was smart to bring some before pics and a mods list but, i need a real sign. i did bring in my, hollywood special effects done, corpse and while everyone else freaked when someone got close to thier car. i let kids get thier picture in it and with my dead girlfriends arm around them, they loved it. nothing better than having others take pictures of your hard work.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gltasn For This Useful Post:

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Hahaha the corpse is funny but why? Gimmick?

Looks like it helped attract attention which is awesome!

More appropiate in october but who cares this is awesome!!!!

Car looks AMAZING!
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Diamonds and Rust
    Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks
    i told everyone that i tend to do that to my passengers and, i got lazy and dint clean out the last one that got scared to death. she's known as my girlfriend in my family and my cousins always talk about her.

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Pure awesome man! Car looks great keep up the good work!

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    congrats, nice car. i was looking forward today as a nearby town was having a show with tuner and import cars but it is raining . its probably going to rain all day. i was going to take mikes vr4. the last show i took it to it placed 1st. they said they expected 200-300 tuner and import cars.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    You definitely deserve it man! It’s one of my favorite cars on the forum. Did you get any pics of this car that obviously stole your trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Owner Since

Thanks
    What is screwed to your drip edge?

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Congratulations! Awesome looking car. What types of goodies do you have under there?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Congrats man, cars looking good.

Diamonds and Rust
    Owner Since
    1-11-01

Thanks
    thanks for all the pos feedback! the thing on my drip edge is, a stock mitsubishi rain gaurd. it allows me to crack my windows about an inch while driving in the rain. the car that beat me was an OLD brittish triumph. i had no problem losing to him and should have taken a shot of his car. his engine bay was nice, and everything was ALL original! i put her in the show with an hours notice(no time to chicken out!) and spent half the day fri prepping her while all the other cars showed up. still had oil on the front aroe from the dipstick popping the day before the show. I might show her again next year but i need real cf fenders(overlay is gay),new paint as mine is original and 15 yo,and some sort of stereo as im all about performance but, the crowd likes more customized interiors. if i can get that done this winter with some stansions and cool carpet i can get get alot more points. thx again guys! heres a mods list i had avail:

1995 Mitsibishi 3000GT VR4 twin turbo, all wheel drive, all wheel steering. power/preformance adders:
    3.4l Brian Crower billet steel crank stroker kit from 3SX includes: Ross forged pistons with heavy duty wrist pins, 3SX 'H' beam rods, 3SX TD05 kit with SS headers, tripple ceramic ball bearing(German made!) 50 trim turbos with, a T3/T4 midsection and custom TD05 hotsides, 2 1/2" SS dumppipes, SS downpipe, Tial external wastegates(1.0bar spring,leaded gas), custom windage tray, high flow fuel filter with mesh insert, bigger fuel lines, fuel lab fuel pressure regulator with guage,3SX dual Walbro fuel pump and dual feed fueling system, hotwired at the pumps(rdr method), Kenne Belle boost-a-pump, Split second ARC2 fuel controler with 90mm big mas(+2,-7,-4,+1), 2 arm(narrowband a/f) led gauges, one per bank, K&N filter, 720 Denso fuel injectors, RPS cynergy segmented lightweight flywheel, Spec stage 4+ clutch(no spring assist), Dynamic Racing stage 2 heads(ported polished, headlift fix by Ray Pampena), ported and polished lower intake, custom plenum with internal velocity stacks, huge fmic, ceramic coated fmic pipes 2&3 inch, E-boost 2 ebc, J&S safeguard timing control box(individual cylinder knock control), Prosport digital egt and a/f ratio guages, Hand Held Halo hybrid datalogger, oil catch can, krank vents, oversize power radiator, radiator breather tank, Tial 50mm bov 'QR' style 8lb spring(recirculated), solid motor mounts, tc bracket, rear Cusco strut bar, billet oil pump gears, Stillen drilled rotors&pads, SS brake lines, caliper stiffening bolts, Samco radiator hoses, single shot cat back, no cats, oem wires, true short throw shifter, 2 step colder iridium plugs, custom 19 row oil cooler, a/c delete, cruise delete, flexalite fans, 3SX adjustable cam gears. transaxle bell housing brace, 1000 miles as of 7-2-10!

stock shit replaced since 2009: oil pump, timing belt, tb tensioner, tb pully, tb hydrolic tensioner, tb covers, water pump, power steering pump, ps tensioner pully, ps belt, alternator, alt. belt, harmonic balancer, cam seals, oil pan, iac, o2 sensors, oem oil filters,

looks:
    siebon carbon fiber hood(dvII),carbon fiber dash kit, carbon fiber shift boot and knob, carbon fiber e-brake and boot,Boss six spoke rims (black chrome), General tire Eclaime ultra high performance 245-40-18, Compustar alarm/auto start, Infinity 10" sub with 200w amp,

weight savers:
    battery relocate to trunk, a/c delete, criuse delete, cf hood, spare tire delete,

still stock:
    shocks(new in 08),springs,seats,paint

next 6/12 months:
    cf body kit, genuine crocodile leather interior,

fluids:
    engine, 10-30 rotela synth blend
    transfer case, syncroshift 2
    transaxle, syncroshift 2
    brake fluid, motul 600

All labor by Jason Canfield(me) with the short block assembly by ADB.
    Last edited by gltasn; 09-28-2010 at 11:42 AM.