Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Slightly tweaked 3000GT TT

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Instead of replacing the whole rear wing of the car (as I had first planed) I managed to pull out most of the dent using small pieces of threaded rods that I welded to the damaged area.

More pics of this operation are available on my website: Unlogic.se - Fixing a dented rear fender on an old Volvo

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My car was in pretty good shape when I bought it. However for some odd reason a few small pieces of the interior where missing.

One of them was a coat hanger. It proved quite elusive to find but thanks to the member 95_GTO of this board I was able to get my hands on a new set. The color didn't really match the black interior of my car but it'll do for now.

At the end of the summer my shift boot started falling apart literally overnight. According to 3SX this seems to have something to do with the material used since even the new replacements from Mitsubishi seem to suffer from this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SX
    9/4/12 - Due to the fact that most of the recent OEM shift boots have been either 1) arriving to us with cracks in the vinyl and being sent back before ever shipping out, or 2) arriving to you our customer and cracking within a month after installing, we are no longer offering the factory shift boots.

After some searching on this board I found a positive review of bonniebbuttons who sells leather shift and hand brake boots. I can really recommend these, they fit like a glove and don't too much either.

The old shift boot turned inside out.

The new one installed.

Removing the hand brake boot.

Hand brake boot installed too.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Time for a little custom fabrication...

For some reason my car had no brake light in the rear wing. The cables were there all the way to the trunk. But the connector to rear wing didn't use them.

Here you can see how the cable going to trunk has 7 cables but the connector to the wing only uses 5 of them.

Used a multimeter to check if the two "extra cables" were indeed for the brake light and they were.

Removed the glass on the rear wing and noticed that it was painted with some funky reflective paint on the inside... well problems are made to solved aren't they?

Bought a few extra bright LED's and some circuit board.

It's alive!

Covered it all in hot glue to avoid problems with moisture getting in.

Tried a few chemicals on the paint on the inside of the glass but nothing helped. As a last resort I carefully removed using a wire brush. The result was clearly not optimal but it will have to do for now. Does anyone have a transparent glass for the active aero wing to spare?

Bent two small pieces of metal in order to fasten the brake light using the same screws as the glass.
    Last edited by Unlogic; 03-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

Everything installed and working.

Managed to insert the new cables into the same sleeve as the original cables by carefully pulling them in with a piece of steel wire.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Cool thread, enjoying reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Here's a few updates.

Got myself a set of Gene SMIC intercoolers from Jeremy (J.Fast). These have 2 inch pipes so I'm thinking of replacing the stock pipes with a hard pipe kit. Is there any decent options on the market right now apart from the redesigned CX racing kit?

While I was at it I got myself a new air filter and a aluminum MAF-adapter.

I did my best to find the biggest possible K&N filter that would fit in the stock location. I eventually settled on the RF-1021 model which clear the inside of the fender and the ABS pipes by about 1.5 cm.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unlogic For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    When I bought my car it came with a staggered and quite worn set of OZ Racing Futura wheels that I never really liked. And being staggered meant that I could not rotate them after track days which always wore more on the front tires than the rear ones...

Put out an ad for the wheels and amazingly got them sold within a week.

Here is what I replaced them with:

Note that the car is missing the front active aero plastic on the photos. I'm about to replace the engine mounts and install the new intercoolers so that car isn't fully assembled at the moment.

As you can see from the photos it's not exactly the right season for 3000GT driving here in Sweden right now

By the way the new wheels are Rota GTR (also known as P45) 8.5x18 ET35.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i like it.

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks
    this thread. i like it. keep up the awesome work!
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

-jeff

1992 SVX LS-L
    1996 3000GT FWD-TT
    2005 XC90 T6 AWD

i collect parts.

6g74 block : 6g74 crankshaft (for sale!) : 6g75 crankshaft : 6g74/75 forged H-beam rods : 6g75 MIVEC heads : 2x 20G TD05 turbos

DrWeldin Wastegate upgrades : DrWeldin brushed sparkplug cover : Pampena solid rear diff bushings : STM brainded stainless clutch line : GZP remote clutch bleeder : Maximal Performance? T-case bracket : Seattle91VR4 poly motor mounts : front solid motor sound : 98SL ECU w/ Chrome & BlackStealth adapter harness : 3SX O2 simulators : TLE Groundwire kit

Krank Vents (original) : 3.0" GM MAF : 3.75" GM MAF w/ adapter harness : MAFT 1.x : NinjaPerformance remote IAC block : BlackStealth LCD Boost Controller : NinjaPerformance Boost Controller : Dejon split y-pipe : Dejon pre-turbo intake pipes w/ K&N filters : K&N FIPK kit : DSM SMICs : Tim/*GT Custom TD05 SMICs BIGGER THAN YOURS : random tech high-flow cat : M2 exhaust

Jackhammer Dual pump fuel hangar : 2x Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pumps : SX -10AN fuel filter : 450cc DSM blacktop injectors : 880cc delphi injectors : Stealthlabel injector quick disconnect clips : custom stainless steel breaded PTFE dual feed fuel setup : Fuelab FPR : Skillard underbody fuel channel

96 Stealth spoiler (original) : 2x Cianci 52mm DS B-pillar gauge pods w/ 1x matching PS blank B-pillar (different manufacturers) : Billet grill : random eBay? strut bar

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Kinda off topic, but I am really liking how compact your lift is. How do you like it?

-John