Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 97 Mustang Bullitt?

97 Mustang Bullitt?

I have a bud who owns a 97 Mustang GT with the 4.6l V8, he believes its a Bullitt because of its green color, the lettering on the back is body color, and the badging on the side says 4.6l V8, he goes on about how his car has "balls" and my TT doesn't(like a typical Mustang guy I guess). I know his car isn't faster, but I'm unsure as to whether or not it is actually Bullitt like he claims, I can't seem to find any information stating there was a Bullitt model in that generation, and as far as I know the Bullitt skipped the 94-99 generation and came back in 01, this is true right?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I think you are right, but i am not positive on my mustang history. I do know that the bullits came with i believe charcoal torq thrust style wheel, and im pretty sure there is a badge on all of them as well. Other than that its just a plain old mustang, there wasnt much if any power difference.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    The Bullitt was not introduced until 2001 so the guy is full of shit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mu...riants#Bullitt

The first Mustang Bullitt was produced for the 2001 model year. The cars were available in Dark Highland Green, blue and black and a total 5,582 were sold. it was built to Honor Steve McQueen’s from the old movie "Bullitt".

All Mustang Bullit's have a special edition dash badge stating it was a Bullit and the production number just like Shelby's.

The WIKI page shows all of the motor changes to spruce up the power.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Well that settles it.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Your friend is an idiot. Number 1 thinking the car is a Bullitt because of the color is moronic. number 2 his 97 GT would be beat by an NA 3s so a TT would crush it.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

You should just smack him now and get him a civic.

He's not a dumbass, but he's told so many people he has a Bullitt with 400hp that if he bails out now he's going to look retarded, I don't know how many people buy what he says, he makes it sound as if the basic function of certain parts of his car are extravagantly crafted works of art meant for a Ferrari or something. Whenever he starts going off about how his Mustang is better than my Stealth or how V6's have no balls I just go "Yep Yep Yep, Sure, Yep"

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Race him and humble him.

HAHAHAHA that's another thing, he always says "come on I'll race you" and every once in a while I'll go "Alright" then all of a sudden he goes "well, it would have to be at the track since street racing is illegal" or "I thought you never beat on your car because you were afraid something would break" if I comply with his challenge it always goes awkward.

He knows exactly what he has.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I beat those things by a second and a half at the 1/8th mile track all the time. Those guys are having the time of their life if they crack off a 9.3

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace