Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 1995 Stealth Base an offer

  1. #1
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    1995 Stealth Base an offer

    1995 $ make an offer

    Well, my 3/S finally needs a repair bill I don't want to pay... Time to sell it if I can and move on to another car

    My alternator died, which killed the battery. I was going to fix this, but the dealer said the power steering rack broke when they brought it into the bay for a repair. This means the repair bill is over $2,000, so I'm just going to get a new car.

    It's a 1995 MTX SOHC with 133,000 miles.
    Other than the alternator, Power Steering Rack, and battery, it's 100 percent working and drivable.
    The windshield washer fluid light stays on, but that's it. Yes, it's windshield fluid, NOT coolant.
    There's a pretty big dent in the driver's side door, but it affects nothing - Remote works for keyless entry. Both door locks won't take the key, but the trunk does.
    There's a 99 front bumper, but it's cracked. I have the stock bumper in my parent's attic and you're welcome to it if you want it.
    There's a 97-99 hoop spoiler, and R/T sideskirts. (Still have the stockers, you can have them too, although I think the stock sideskirts won't go back on)
    Leather interior taken from my old '94 R/T Sport, although the driver's seat has a short rip/tear near the shoulder area. The seat area itself is in FANTASTIC shape with no rips or tears.
    I have 3 sets of Stealth Floor mats.
    Stock rims with all-season tires are on the car now, and I have a set of the '93-only chrome TT rims. I removed them because they're in VERY poor condition and one of them has a SLOW leak of air. I got tired of putting in air once a month or every 2 weeks and worrying about air pressure. + tires were more expensive since they're larger. If you want those too, they're yours.
    Hrm, what else.
    The shift boot is peeling like crazy
    The engine and transmission are both 100% healthy. there is no grinding, popping out of gear, etc.
    I also brought over the premium head unit from my 94 R/T, if it matters. there's wiring run from engine bay to hatch area, because I used to have an amp/subwoofer in the bank. Took them out but left the wiring.
    The car is mostly stock... There's a K&N air filter and that's it.
    I did a custom ipod install in the ashtray area, but I have a spare that I can drop it, so no one will know the difference.
    Oh, when I put in the leather seats, I disconnected the door buzzer and used that circuit to power the driver's seat. Thus, it's adjustable (and fully working, including lumbar support and the side-bolsters that give you a hug) when the key is in and door is open.
    Hrm, what else.... Comes with spare and jack...
    '99 turns signals, and i have the stockers if you want 'em.
    I bought this car in 2006 with about 34,000 miles on it from the original owner in Connecticut. It's been my daily driver since. About a year ago, I became a field tech. So for 5 years, I put on a total of ~60K miles. once I became a field tech, a year ago, I started driving about 3,000 miles a month, almost all highway miles, since they send me all over ohio. I went from 90K miles to 130K miles in the past year. I have a mileage log of that, since I needed to keep it for work.
    It has the VIN number etched into all the glass. Orig owner had it done. Professional, classy, and great if you want to protect against someone stealing your car and then passing it off as not-yours!
    He also had a kill-switch installed. it's a small magnetic "key" that goes into a port near your right knee. Car won't start unless it's in. there's a small red LED to the left of the steering wheel that flashed when it's active (as in, won't start.) I just leave the key in all the time... defeats the purpose, I know.
    LITERALLY, once a year (yeah, really) the light flashes even though the key is in. I turn on the headlights, turn them off, and the light goes out. Weird, I know.
    2 years ago, I got a new alternator. Less than a year ago, I got a new timing belt, tensioner, & belts from Sunnyside Mitsubishi, i.e., a Mitsu dealer. I can find the receipt to prove it if helps or makes you feel better

    Just trying to be thorough... For someone who can work on 3/S's and isn't intimidated by an Alternator swap & Power Steering Rack, this will be a GREAT deal, as the car is just fine once those are fixed. Or, for someone who parts out cars, this should be a good deal also, since the engine and transmission are both 100%. SOHC's go forever (unless the alternator and power steering rack break, of course).
    Oil changes weren't religious, but neither were they sacrilegious. I have a log, and sure, sometimes it took me 4K instead of 3,000 miles, but I used Mobil-1 and a K&N filter every time (good 'ole K&N HP-1004).
    It'll probably need front brakes some time in the next year, but it's not squealing yet.
    I had an overheating issue a while ago, but it turned out to be just a broken thermostat. Compression check of the cooling system was performed at that time, and the mechanic who looked at it said the cylinders actually looked like they were in great shape.
    I always put in cheapie gas; i never treated her to 1 tank a month of premium or anything like that
    I abused the accelerator pedal and wasn't afraid of occasional WOT on the highway, but I NEVER abused the transmission. I blip the gas and rev-match on upshifting and downshifting to the point that it's a habit.
    I don't down shift into first. Ever, unless I'm at crawl-speed. Actually, i don't think these cars were made to do it, and mine doesn't like to unless you're going slow enough. I don't count that as a tranny issue though.
    Hrm... What else.
    The front speakers in the dash are aftermarket and I think I disconnected them. JBL something-or-others. It's probably that the driver's side one is blown. I think I have the two stock ones in a box in the closet if you want 'em.
    I named him Chris, since I wasn't sure if he was a boy or a girl when I got him (last 3/s was named Rachel - def a girl). If you buy him, you get to change his name.
    The car is in (a suburb of) Cleveland, Ohio, and doesn't currently run, due to no alternator + 100% dead battery. For all I know, you could drop in a new battery, and turn the wheel manually, but I'm not a car guy... I think it'd die again as the battery ran down. Meaning, you'll need to tow or pick-up or have shipped if you buy.

    I've been a member of 3si.org since.... uh... 2001, I think. I've been to several NG's and other meets, both in my 2nd Stealth and this one. Plenty of old-school members can vouch for me, though I haven't been around as much lately in the past couple of years.

    Feel free to ask Q's, I'll answer as best I can, although I've certainly tried hard enough to answer them pre-emptively

    The body is in poor condition... Big dent on driver's side door, a scratch or two on rear quarter panel... The passenger's-side skirt was loose, and I, uh... Well, I used 3 binder clips to secure it. Yeah, they really do have a million and one uses. Most people would never notice, but you can see them in the rear wheel well if you know where to look.
    Oh, I have a 6-disc CD changer in my closet that's not installed that you can have, if you want it. As well as the old non-premium stock radio (and probably all sorts of crap from 3 stealth's worth of ownership.) A set of '94 service manuals, too, haha.

    At this point, I'm looking at "best offer" for pricing. Let me know what you can do, and when, since time is important... it's sitting at the dealerships right now.

  2. #2
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    PIcs?
    1991 Stealth RT/TT
    Mods- Greddy Type S and a spun bearing.

    [Yesterday 11:43 PM] R/T93 : Im reading hulk comics on Youtube
    [Yesterday 11:45 PM] R/T93 : he has to fight the silver surfer hand to hand...
    OhioSpyderman:why do you have to pee on my wheaties Dave?

  3. #3
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll see what I can do... I'll have to sneak into the dealership & find out where it's parked, and take some, if you want current

  4. #4
    Administrator Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    02/1998

    Location
    Madison Heights, Mi
    Posts
    2,958
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 675 Times in 255 Posts
    Hey Josh, sorry to hear about the car.

    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but If the rack broke while they were moving it, they should be responsible for repairing it.

  5. #5
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Owner Since
    2009

    Location
    union, ky
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    interested in pics as well and a starting price.

    Engine mods: Duralast Gold battery, HKS SSQ BOV, K&N Cold Air Intake, 3SX custom Y-pipe, Megan downpipe-back exhaust ,EGR delete ,vacuum delete, turboxs mbc at 10psi, msd 8.5mm spark plug wires, denso iridium spark plugs

    Wheels: 17x9.5 Rota Grid fitted with bridgstone tires 225/35/17

  6. #6
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My apologies... I traded in the car quite some time ago on my new car, so I no longer have it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering