Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is It Really That Great?

rawr. verified
    Owner Since
    August 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Like Dave, I too own both. My NA is my Stealth and it's not even drivable but every time someone says that I should just get rid of it since I have my VR4 too, I irrationally feel a bit offended.

I love my Stealth. Granted, it's just sitting there, not able to move (needs engine work) but I still love to at least look at it. That said, I can't wait to get it back on the road again. I don't care if it's not as fast as my VR4 and never will be, I still love it!
    When rebuilt, it would be an awesome DD that is very badass looking. Just make sure it's clean when all said n done!
    vroom vroom i drive a 93 toyota mr2.

https://car.social

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've had an RT for going on 11 years and a TT for just over 5. I bought the RT with 100k and have put about 90k on it in those 11 years. It has been relatively trouble free.
    I bought my TT with 175k and have put 40k on it. It has been relatively trouble free as well. Neither one of them are show cars and are certainly showing their age, but I'd have no qualms about taking either one of them on a road trip.

Edit: As for the question at hand, once I got the TT, my seat time in the RT diminished greatly for awhile. However, once the newness of boost wore off, I started commuting the RT on a more regular basis since in traffic it's sometimes nice just to pop the car into [D] and just kinda go on autopilot.

*note: the RT isn't "really" mine anymore. My son recently bought it from me so it's technically his, my name is still on the title however.
    Last edited by thestealth; 09-29-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I traded the NA + cash for the TT. Drove it to pickup the TT and drove the TT home.

It wasn't in this condition when I got it.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've had my stealth for over 8 years and 150K miles(almost to 230k) I love the car even though it is slow, it handles well. But unfortunately the value of a '91 stealth is shit for trade in or private sale. I wouldn't sell it for less than 3k and its just not worth it to anyone else. So the car stays. I'm not sure if my next car will be a TT or a corvette, but either way I'm going to drive my stealth till I can't anymore.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I really like my SL. Being a college student it's great not having to spend all the money on repairs and worry about reliability. It still looks cool great and is sort of fast. Plus I can start thinking about what my TT is gonna be like someday