Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subwoofer boxes

Resident Gamer Feedback Score 0 PsykoGamer's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Subwoofer boxes

I've looked around online for awhile and noticed there is a guy on ebay that is selling these custom 3000gt subwoofer boxes. I'm just curious if anybody has bought one and was just curious as to if they actually gave decent sound and look as good in person as they do in the pictures posted. I guess what I'm wondering is if they're worth the $200+(including shipping) he's listed them for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Here is the link.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have to admit, it doesn't look too bad. I do think its quite expensive, and I prefer to make my own boxes. But, for what it is, looks like it drops right in so it would certainly save you a headache of measuring everything and cutting it to spec. Can't comment on the sound as my boxes were always where the back seats should have been.

Owner Since

Thanks
    well for as big as that back hatch area is I'm not surprised a custom box such as this can cost so much as it is. I was definitely thinking about avoiding the headache aspect of putting another sound system together whenever I get another 3000gt

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mk_ View Post
    I have to admit, it doesn't look too bad. I do think its quite expensive, and I prefer to make my own boxes. But, for what it is, looks like it drops right in so it would certainly save you a headache of measuring everything and cutting it to spec. Can't comment on the sound as my boxes were always where the back seats should have been.
    Actually that price is fair, If i wasn't wanting to keep the option of storing my sunroof in the back I would probably buy one of those boxes.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yea, thats a good price. I build my own boxes and if I built one like that for someone I would prolly charge something similar. As for the sound, the idea is good but I cant attest to it as I have not had heard it.

Owner Since

Thanks
    hmmm ok that's good to know they aren't selling at such an astronomical price as opposed to what other people would sell them at. Just gotta wonder how they sound and hope they aren't too hollow sounding

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have one. There are a few things wrong with it that he doesn't mention. If you have a little bump over where your rear tire is, the box sits a little higher than the ones with a flat trunk, giving you less internal space and mounting depth. Another issue is that if your sub has a thick lip, it tends to hit the trunk hatch. I had Kenwood DVC subs that stuck out about an inch higher than the box and the door would not close. The seller's "fix" for it was to remove the cover over the spare tire (which made the box not sit very securely) and I decided to just get thinner subs.

So be careful buy it as you will have to find matching subs that fit just right, you cant just do anything you want with it.

If I can find the pictures I took when I first noticed the problem I'll post them up.

Owner Since

Thanks
    alright that'd be cool thanks. Yeah my 3000gt had the little nub that went up the middle of the spare tire to keep it in place. My solution for adding a full subwoofer box was to put a brick on both sides of it under the box to keep it stable lol. Yeah I know it was a rigged thing but at least it worked and thumped pretty good lol.

owner since 2004 Feedback Score 0 colt45 gto's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    it looks SUBstandard and where would you put anything after?

the best idea is to buy or make one that sits behind the seat so you have atleast some room to put your rubbish!
    3si is dead long live 3sgto.org

Owner Since

Thanks
    well I think the back seats make more of a trunk then the actual trunk in my opinion lol. It is just so small you can't even fit a small asian person back there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast