Thread: First....Now why I reallt made this thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    2nd, lol. I know your joking Steve, I absolutely cant stand when people post a reply only to say 1st, 2nd...etc.

Remind me at the bbq for you to tell my buddy Long about those dash speakers, he bought some weird brand and they actually started melting from the sun.

So what are they best bang for you buck speakers these days? Back 8-10 years ago when I was into car audio it was Soundstream and Adire audio for me. I haven't heard many systems to this day with that kind of quality.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime_whatigo View Post
    he bought some weird brand and they actually started melting from the sun.
    thats funny.

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime_whatigo View Post
    2nd, lol. I know your joking Steve, I absolutely cant stand when people post a reply only to say 1st, 2nd...etc.

Remind me at the bbq for you to tell my buddy Long about those dash speakers, he bought some weird brand and they actually started melting from the sun.

So what are they best bang for you buck speakers these days? Back 8-10 years ago when I was into car audio it was Soundstream and Adire audio for me. I haven't heard many systems to this day with that kind of quality.
    That will not be a problem. Good brands that can be so subjective and opinion based. With that dash speaker I recommended, it was something I never heard. The specs of the speaker (freq. range, wattage, Ohms) was about a perfect match to use with the factory amp.

I am working with a set of Eclipse 3-ways to be installed in my Stealth. I have the 1.5" mid installed in the dash just not powered. The tweeter will be in the "A" piller and mid-bass in the door (duh right). Problem is Fujistu ten pulled thier funding from Eclipse so once the stock is gone, it's done.

I would look at RF in about a year or two. They recently hired the lead engineer from Diamond Audio, so expect great speakers from them soon.

IF I wasn't so hell bent of 3-way, I would of bought all my speakers from PartsExpress.com.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hahahahaha 2fnloud you know me well enough for me to laugh at you

You do know the lead engineer of Diamond Audio was the lead engineer from JBL (company of Harman Kardon). They wouldn't let him design the kind of speaker he wanted on the market.

Here's the funny part... His name is Bob Diamond (um actual owner of said "Diamond Audio"). Maybe RF got an employee but I doubt they hired Bob

And with the Eclipse 3 ways I have always found them very harsh.

Good brands that can be so subjective and opinion based.
    But to quote you anyhow!!!!

Good to see you here to 2fnloud

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reallyxxxxxxloud For This Useful Post: