Thread: Merkel Racing Engine sent the wrong parts again!

One fix at a time verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Merkel Racing Engine sent the wrong parts again!

I called Scott on Tuesday because I found out that I needed a new set of rings because my old set had to big of an end gap due to switching blocks. The first time around I told Ray I needed 93mm Ross pistons for the stroker and he must have forgotten because I got 92 or 92.5mm whichever Merkel uses for the standard size of his stroker builds. Ray took care of everything except for return shipping and I got the right size pistons. Fast forward to this week and Scott asked me what size of a bore I had over the phone. I told him 93mm so he ordered the rings. I checked them out today and came to find out that I got 92mm instead. I'm very disappointed that I have gotten the wrong size parts twice in a row and that on all of my orders so far from Pampena Motorsports/Merkel Racing Engines I've had to return something because it wasn't right the first time around. I guess I just expected better. I know they'll get me taken care of it just means that I'm delayed even longer from putting my engine back together. This is the only thing holding me up and the car hasn't run nearly two years. I guess I just needed a little rant since I was all prepared to file fit my rings which will have to wait now.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

Hey man, went over this today on what happened. I had originally made a mistake on bore size with your pistons. it is rarely that it happens but im human and must have forgotten your bore size at that time. we sent you the right ones and move forward. the problem now... your job card has the ORIGINAL piston order on at and not the replacement. Scott didnt realize that this was the job we sent wrong pistons for so he took the job number and ordered the rings for it. you could have told him whatever you wanted for bore size... the replacement ring part number came off the job card which had the original piston there. i apoligize and we will send you a new set in 93MM.

we keep everything on file incase a customer wants replacement parts. we look up the job.. and theres all of your specs. this time, yours was worng because of the original mistake

Ray

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    F-ing hard-copy, eh?

F-ing humans, anyway.

A computer wouldn't make a mistake like that...

...except for those f-ing humans.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pampena View Post
    Hey man, went over this today on what happened. I had originally made a mistake on bore size with your pistons. it is rarely that it happens but im human and must have forgotten your bore size at that time. we sent you the right ones and move forward. the problem now... your job card has the ORIGINAL piston order on at and not the replacement. Scott didnt realize that this was the job we sent wrong pistons for so he took the job number and ordered the rings for it. you could have told him whatever you wanted for bore size... the replacement ring part number came off the job card which had the original piston there. i apoligize and we will send you a new set in 93MM.

we keep everything on file incase a customer wants replacement parts. we look up the job.. and theres all of your specs. this time, yours was worng because of the original mistake

Ray
    No problem Ray. I figured there had to be a reason why I got sent the wrong ones. I told him 93mm over the phone but the job card makes sense. I was going to give Scott a call this morning, but I forgot to. It looks like it's all taken care of now anyways. I guess I won't get to start putting my motor back together until next week and I've been waiting so long anyways to get my VR-4 driving again so what's another week.

Ill have him get a set out tomorrow morning

Pass Me Another Hooker
    Owner Since

Thanks
    woot for ray and making sure everyone is happy and taking the responsibly of messing up. most shops won't admit to it. WOOT FOR RAY !

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Correct rings came in today and UPS picked up the set that was incorrect. Thanks again for the help Ray/Scott. I should be running in no time.

sweet!!