Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Piece To The "Hennessey" Puzzle

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another Piece To The "Hennessey" Puzzle

Just thought I would share that I was able to confirm that my Stealth is confirmed stage 5.

I was able to reveal number on the intake side of the turbo, that number is:
    49177-00320

Making the turbo's 13G's, a few months back I learned that all "PowerDesign Turbochargers" (see here at line item stage 5)

where was 13G turbos.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    $245 for a filter? are they high?

550cc injectors $1295? yes. yes they are high. baked out of their gourds. even with the "vpc PROM upgrade".

$595 for a goddamn fuel pump? holy shit!

...and these were prices back when the car was NEW. back in 94!

$9,000 to run 12.9's? isn't that some kind of record? no....no it isn't. $60,000 to run 15's is steve68's all time record.
    Last edited by IPD; 06-10-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    $245 for a filter? are they high?

550cc injectors $1295? yes. yes they are high. baked out of their gourds.

$9,000 to run 12.9's? isn't that some kind of record? no....no it isn't. $60,000 to run 15's is steve68's all time record.
    You left out the VPC prom upgrade as well

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Curious to know what they used for their "PowerDesign Intercoolers"?

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    we should do a teardown on your car and find out. i'd like to see the oil cooler & boost/fuel gizmos as well.

as "cool" as all of that is, ~20 years of technology and aftermarket support improvements has left all of that in the dust. seriously? "full front brake upgrade"? 12.5" rotors (317/318mm) are crap. anyone doing an upgrade to a 2g shouldn't stop till they hit 330mm minimum. 2k for turbos WITH core exchange...wow. gotta be a record price for 13g's.

hennessey was definitely making some bank off this. really makes you hesitate to splurge on add-ons for a car; knowing how much you'll pay through the nose for dealer (or dealer-authorized) packages. i think the very first 3/s record breakers (jack t, etc) probably were going faster for less $$$--even back then.

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    we should do a teardown on your car and find out. i'd like to see the oil cooler & boost/fuel gizmos as well.

as "cool" as all of that is, ~20 years of technology and aftermarket support improvements has left all of that in the dust. seriously? "full front brake upgrade"? 12.5" rotors (317/318mm) are crap. anyone doing an upgrade to a 2g shouldn't stop till they hit 330mm minimum. 2k for turbos WITH core exchange...wow. gotta be a record price for 13g's.

hennessey was definitely making some bank off this. really makes you hesitate to splurge on add-ons for a car; knowing how much you'll pay through the nose for dealer (or dealer-authorized) packages. i think the very first 3/s record breakers (jack t, etc) probably were going faster for less $$$--even back then.
    I totally agree, I am just stoked to have stumbled upon a unique piece of automotive history. I may try to peek at the ECU to see if I can spot the "Hennessey" sticker that they used to put on it.

Because this is 20-year old technology is exactly why I am not going to tear into it just to find out what it has. I did get a part number off the FPR MD146415 I think.

The boost was probably just the "free boost mod" that the 1st gens could do.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    holy shit...just found this.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...per-guy-34744/

and this:

Efool Gets Punked On His Own Board - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums

i remember ekool. that was back before AF and dpfdipshit ruined the old forum.

p.s.
    you're probably right about the "free boost mod". given the shady shit that's brought up in the viper thread, i wonder if this was all a bunch of snake-oil.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
    - Thomas Paine
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it."
    -John Adams
    "I must study politics & war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy".
    -John Adams
    "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    -Stephen F. Roberts
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    "The greatest trick that Islam ever pulled, was convincing the world that it was benevolent."
    -Anon
    "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
    -Hitchen's Razor (New for 2018, thanks to Brett Kavanaugh)

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It amazes me how Hennessy always ends up on the cover of magazines as a great shop. The guy is pretty much hated in Viper community because of his lies and crook antics.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ICPREY View Post
    It amazes me how Hennessy always ends up on the cover of magazines as a great shop. The guy is pretty much hated in Viper community because of his lies and crook antics.
    well to be fair, that vr-200 cover was back in 1992. that was before vipers were even sold. still, i'm sure it didn't do anything for this community to have such an ass-clown being a front-running tuner for it (at that time). hennessey has definitely turned into the GT-Pro of vipers.

it's too bad lingenfelter didn't tune your car, 2fnloud. it might actually be worth a pretty penny if he had. instead you've got a car with "performance mods" that pale in comparison to today's offerings & a nameplate that's come to be reviled. ouch.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I went to the Hennessy site today.. he is still hard at it. I read those links.. damn what a douche bag eh? I was surprised to see so many dealers of his stuff. I only hope that he just went through a phase and maybe now he not so much of an assclown?