Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunburn

Better than that "other" place Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Sunburn

So, uh, at what point would it be wise to seek medical attention for a sunburn?

I can't help but feel like a bitch right now, but this is some ridiculous pain here. Worked on a car for 4 straight hours yesterday in a cloudless 90+ degree summer day without a shirt OR sunscreen with my back facing the sun the entire time... I'm a fucking dumbass.

Within four hours my skin turned from a very pale red to a cherry red. It started to feel better last night as I applied aloe to it often... well that feeling is gone. I've started to get nice and bubbly all over my back, and cold showers feel like scalding hot water while hot showers actually make it feel cold.

How long do these things usually last? I don't usually get sunburns because I'm not usually this much of a retard.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Australia verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I got sunburn a while ago after a fishing trip. No hat or sunscreen and before I even made it home my face was red like a beetroot lol, I was so embarassed to go into work and copped a lot of shit. My face was red for like a week, and my nose took the longest to heal and go back to normal, everyone was calling me rudolph haha.

I hope yours clears up soon, must be very unpleasant. Is there like clear puss shit weeping out from the affected area (sorta like sweat), this is what happened to me lol?
    Kangaroo

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    sounds like borderline 2nd degree. keep in mind that 2nd degree usually involves bubbling of the skin immediately. if yours appeared the next day, it's bad-- but probably not as severe as true 2nd degree.

I AM IMPORT POWER
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just FYI people

You can sunburn, and sometimes even worse, in overcast conditions versus full sun.

Sorry to hear, I got very badly burned this season working outside no protection. Back was toast. The pain will be rivaled by the excruciating itch for a few weeks. Use lots of Ocean Potion moisturizing lotion. It's the only lotion that would ease my itch. I was crawling up the walls.

-Chris

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Why do we continue to do things we know are, well...less than intellectually optimum?

I speak as an expert.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j2k4 For This Useful Post:

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Tye any sunburn relief that has lidocaine in it that will help with the itching.

Better than that "other" place Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Trying to stay out of the sun, but the pain is excruciating. I have no headache, fever, dizzyness, and I can pretty much do all my normal activities.

I'm calling off work today though. I can not... CAN NOT... wear a shirt.

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    been there it is stupid painful, feels like thousands of little knives stabbing you in the back right now.

I AM IMPORT POWER
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Why do we continue to do things we know are, well...less than intellectually optimum?

I speak as an expert.
    I speak from an expert point of view also. I have been burned bad long ago and I know better. Normally wearing sunblock. One day I worked on trenching around the new service garage and didn't realize (with my shirt off) that 4 hours had passed, right in the afternoon sunny time. Burned real bad. Hadn't been burnt that bad for 20+ years. Retard. Now ANY time I am going to spend any aprecaible time out, cutting grass, working on anything etc I 50SPF everything and wear my new nifty sun hat. You know, with the draw strings, flat round top with the nice large rim all around. Keeps that sun out my face.

-Chris

Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Everyone at NG saw my sunhat.