Thread: After Martket Side Skirt Installation (Novara)

Forum User verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) 3000GTCSULB's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

After Martket Side Skirt Installation (Novara)

Anyone have experience installing the Novara or for that fact any after market side skirt. I can see where I would need to drill out the mount points for bolts, but what do I do for the clips?

Here are the comparisons:

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Most of those things actually mount mostly with double sided tape. The 3m stuff is pretty strong, but I would still try to put mounting bolts anywhere possible. Stock side skirts use the tape as well, just many more mounting holes.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    JB Weld!

No sheep are safe tonight supporter Feedback Score 4 (100%) Valhallaz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I installed my Novara sideskirts last weekend, after putting them off LONG due to being unsure as to how to mount them.
    Dunno, but from your pics, it looks like you've trimmed them, and it looks like they may be trimmed too much to do what I did (along the front and rear edges anyway).
    The bottom mounting bolts aren't anywhere close to the bottom of the skirt, saw no way to use them. What I did was use double sided 3m tape with adhesion promoter along the front and back edges of the rear and front fender wells, and along the top of the door sill where the new skirt overlaps it.
    To secure the rear of the front upright section and the front of the rear upright section, I epoxied some serious little magnets (14 lb pull) under the upper corners on the skirt to hold them solidly to the body. They seem quite solid. Wish I'd taken pics.
    Hope this helps.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) 3000GTCSULB's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I didn't cut anything, this was straight out of the box yesterday. I'll alight them today to see if they are indeed cut wrong. Magnets may be a good idea as well.

I'll keep you posted.

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhallaz View Post
    I installed my Novara sideskirts last weekend, after putting them off LONG due to being unsure as to how to mount them.
    Dunno, but from your pics, it looks like you've trimmed them, and it looks like they may be trimmed too much to do what I did (along the front and rear edges anyway).
    The bottom mounting bolts aren't anywhere close to the bottom of the skirt, saw no way to use them. What I did was use double sided 3m tape with adhesion promoter along the front and back edges of the rear and front fender wells, and along the top of the door sill where the new skirt overlaps it.
    To secure the rear of the front upright section and the front of the rear upright section, I epoxied some serious little magnets (14 lb pull) under the upper corners on the skirt to hold them solidly to the body. They seem quite solid. Wish I'd taken pics.
    Hope this helps.
    Very nice idea with the magnets. Never would have thought of that.

No sheep are safe tonight supporter Feedback Score 4 (100%) Valhallaz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    Very nice idea with the magnets. Never would have thought of that.
    Magnets are handy. I have 40 of the wicked strong little ones laying around. I got them when I was bonding the Cianci CF rear wide quarter panels to the car. Seemed like using screws to hold it tight while the Fusor set then filling the holes was a lotta work. Instead, once I had the fusor on and the panel set, I used the magnets all around a few inches apart to hold it tight till it set. Worked great.

owner since 2004 Feedback Score 0 colt45 gto's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    aftermarket stuff is shit. you pay alot for very little. you get nothing in a way to mount things all you get is agro and mostly a poorly fitted kit.
    3si is dead long live 3sgto.org

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Sikaflex Urethane then on....
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED