Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I now have 2 of the greatest stories of being pulled over.

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Angry I now have 2 of the greatest stories of being pulled over.

Before i tell the stories, let me show you my car so you know what the cops see

Story #1 happened about a week ago, and lasted all of 30 seconds. Which shocked me as i have been pulled over 30+ times in my short driving time (im only 21) and they always give me a ticket for something.

Driving home from dinner after work so its a little late, about midnight i would say. I see the cop waiting on the side of the road and cruise past, he immediately pulls out and comes after me, follows me around the corner i was taking and puts on the lights. So i pull over and start getting my wallet out with my license and registration.

The officer comes to the window, i yell through it " i cant roll my window down, i have to open the door" (i removed the power window motors and track, and bolted the windows in place.). So he says go for it. I open the door and he says "ya i can see you cant roll them down, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CAR??" as i am handing him my license and registration i explain how i stripped the car for drag racing. He looks at my license real quick, hands it back to me and says fix your license plate lamp, then nicely shuts my door for me and gets back in his car.

I looked at my passenger in disbelief, and we both just said "what, did that really just happen?" and then we drove away, happy that for once i met a cool cop that realized i wasnt just some punk kid with a loud car.

Story number 2 which is the fun one just happened, a few minutes ago and is the reason i am telling these stories.

On my way home from dinner again, i am about a 1/2 mile from my house, and drive by a car that is pulled over and as im going by i see the cop look up at me. He jumps in his car and pulls out after me, by the time is turned around and up to speed i have already had my blinker on slowed down and turned into my street. I live right on the corner so i pull into my grass where i always park and shut the car off and open my door. As im opening my door he comes around the corner and puts his lights on, so i stay in my seat.

Comes up to me and says "you know why im pulling you over" to which i reply "my loud exhaust". He says " ya thats right, license and registration". I start pulling it out as he explains how he thinks my car is unsafe and wont pass inspection and blah blah blah...

So he goes back to his car for a couple of minutes, meanwhile im still sitting there halfway out of my car staring at my house thinking how rediculous this is being pulled over in my own yard. He gets out of his car again and comes over and says "is there anything in the car i should know about, or are you carrying anything on you" to which i wanted to say are you crazy i couldnt hide a piece of dust in hear, but i just said "no sir, as you can tell theres nothing here." Amazingly he still says "im gonna have to ask you to step out of the vehicle and put your hands on the trunk of the car" so i do this he shines his light all through the interior and then comes back and frisks me, and what do you know he doesnt find anything, big suprise.

He again starts telling me about how my car is illegal this and that, and it wont pass inspection. I tell him it will its all legal as turbos are a legal muffler. This was his exact response "they may be legal with the state to get it inspected, but its not legal for the streets, you need a muffler thats not rediculously loud, and you dont even have an exhaust at all"

He tells me to get back in the car and i hear another cop car pull up and they start chatting away and laughing back and forth to each other. Now i've been sitting in front of my house for 20 minutes with all the lights flashing in my neighbors windows, and just sitting there thinking about how much BS this is. He comes back with 3 tickets and tells me to make sure to show up to court for them.

So i hop out and walk into my house, and now im sitting here laughing, and i am actually kind of excited to go to court for this one and get all the tickets thrown out.

Oh well this made my day really, i get a good laugh out of being pulled over now, with as many tickets as i have had i could really care less now, its just funny hearing all the crap they try to come up with.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    What did he give you tickets for?

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    I would have made him get a warrant to search my car . There was no probable cause.....Why didnt you let off the gas when driving by him? I always do...

Are you guys allowed exhausts in NY? Because here we arent allowed to modify our exhaust if it is ANY louder than stock...

Which is why I want to get hobbiest plates so I can tell to police to get bent if they try giving me a ticket of anything on my car.

Man vs 3/S verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) R/T93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You should get a muffled system and an E-cutout, it might add some weight but since you drive your Stealth on the street a lot it might help with the "getting pulled over 5 times more than the normal driver" problem you seem to have, lol
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Before i realized who was posting this I thought the pictures were of a complete car stripdown due some drug searching :P

Australia verified Feedback Score 0 GTOX's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    LOL nice story. I didn't realize you were only 21, pictured you being much older for some reason...
    Kangaroo

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 SilverJester's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    Before i tell the stories, let me show you my car so you know what the cops see

I looked at my passenger in disbelief, and we both just said "what, did that really just happen?"
    What was the passenger seating on?!

Owner Since

Thanks
    hahaha thank you for sharing your story.

i also think exhaust cut out would be great for you. :P

Owner Since

Thanks
    Hmm Not that it pertains to these stories, but:

Police can't search your car while on your private property with out a search warrent ... Probable cause or not!!

Now, telling the cop this at the time MIGHT not be the smartest move one could make!! ... Let them search and have your attorney get it thrown out!

But feuding with the Police IS a losing situation long term !!

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) terrets's Avatar
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    its still fun to try.....And they can not search a vehicle in WI without a warrant, even on the road . Unless they have a legit probable cause....which you all know the police like to fib a bit .

BTW Austin....Do you never go thru drive thrus?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast