Thread: Blow-thru suggestions

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Blow-thru suggestions

I am thinking of going blow thru. Hopefully by the end of summer I will be on 750s, still not sure if going aem yet, but want to go blow thru before to get some experience with it.

What's the best setup for this? Any other suggestions on other setups taking into consideration of my future plans?

I have DNP pipes, and thinking of doing what x2xtreme360 has done here http://www.3sgto.org/f13/my-custom-d...html#post83676 ...

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    /subscribed

Stress free wheel gap. Not Verified Feedback Score 0 YoshiBishi's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Forum User verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) Frostedbutts's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    For that price you can get an ARC2 and run it blowthru. If you have a local shop that can do custom fab work, just have them make you a blow-thru y pipe and preturbo pipes. Then you can use whatever EMS you want, and probably save a decent bit of cash.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostedbutts For This Useful Post:

I AM IMPORT POWER Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You can buy it direct from Dejon
    DEJON | Powerhouse

-Chris

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I just started the car last night around 11:30 after successfully wiring up my boomslang to work with the 95 ECU and MAFT Gen II wiring.

The mother f'er purred like a kitten. I was actually really surprised at how well it was running since I literally wired everything up to the boomslang inside, took it outside, hooked it up to my ECU, and started it up. I have a feeling I am really going to like the MAFT.

Ypipe fits really nice too, might I add.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice, it's always nice when something comes together and actually works without producing that well known 3s headache...

I guess I forgot I would need the intake pipes as well. They get good coin for them things! I have to rethink/make up my mind on the direction I want to go I guess.

I like the simplicity of the Arc2 in blow thru, but am really wanting to go aem to have a tune for pump and one for corn for the 750's. I hate how you have to give something up to get other things, such as oem drive-ability and starts...

What ta do, what ta do....

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Nice, it's always nice when something comes together and actually works without producing that well known 3s headache...

I guess I forgot I would need the intake pipes as well. They get good coin for them things! I have to rethink/make up my mind on the direction I want to go I guess.

I like the simplicity of the Arc2 in blow thru, but am really wanting to go aem to have a tune for pump and one for corn for the 750's. I hate how you have to give something up to get other things, such as oem drive-ability and starts...

What ta do, what ta do....
    I'm trying out the whole no intake/small filters on turbo inlet idea. Just got the filters today. They fit well, and a lot less clutter. I'm going to drill a small hole into the front turbo filter and RTV a PCV nipple to run from my catch can... that way I can still get the vacuum. I'm going to also run check valves to eliminate the dreaded "blow through pcv vacuum leak"

Owner Since

Thanks
    I love the look of the intake pipes for blow thru/speed density. I didn't know about the pvc vacuum issue?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    I love the look of the intake pipes for blow thru/speed density. I didn't know about the pvc vacuum issue?
    The issue is that the breather is pre maf now... but the pcv valve is still post maf, so it introduces a small vacuum leak in the system at idle/cruse. Sometimes it screws the tune up, sometimes not. The fix is to run crank vents or something of equal value. When in boost, the pcv valve closes and air exits through the breather. When in vacuum, air is only allowed to be sucked through the pcv hose, as the breather check valve closes.

The only other option for a vac leak would be through an internal engine leak that would actually suck outside air through clearances in the engine.