Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: Turbo rebuilding and Upgrading 9b to 13G, 15G, 19T

TD04 Upgrade & Billet TD05 Upgrades Feedback Score 8 (100%) 92RT-TT's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Gauging Interest: Turbo rebuilding and Upgrading 9b to 13G, 15G, 19T

Thanks for the great response to our introductory offers for turbo rebuilding and upgrading! Our website and store is up and running with current prices listed plus some new offerings we have added. Although our introductory pricing has come to an end we are offering forum members a $25 discount on orders over $300 during the month of March.

Check out our website @
    Midwest Turbo Connection, Turbo Rebuild, Turbo Upgrade, Turbo Parts Sales and Service

- Standard Rebuild for all MHI TD04 Turbos
    - VSR Component Balanced (High speed balancing ensures proper balance and long turbo life)
    - Completely disassembled, cleaned, and inspected

- Rebuild includes new:
    - Journal Bearings
    - Retaining Rings for Journal Bearing
    - Thrust Spacer
    - Upgraded 360 Thrust Bearing
    - Thrust Collar
    - Piston ring for Turbine End
    - O-Ring for Bearing Housing to Compressor Housing
    - O-Ring for Seal Plate
    - Piston Ring for Compressor End
    - Nut for Turbine Shaft
    - Seal Plate

-All rebuild parts are from a quality manufacturer in England. We do not use any Chinese parts for our rebuilds.

-Additional parts such as the turbine shaft may be required and would not be included in the standard rebuild price.

We have many upgrade options for each of the different turbo upgrades. Check out our site for all the different options. Some of them include:
    -L turbine shaft
    -H turbine shafts
    -HL turbine shaft
    -Step Gap piston rings
    -Upgraded Steel Thrust parts
    -Porting

We also are a Garrett Distributor so we can order you any new Garrett Turbos or parts you may need.

We offer rebuilds for all of the following brands:

TD04HL 19T's

TD04 19T's

TD04H 15T's

TD04H 15G's

9b Rebuild
    Last edited by 92RT-TT; 09-20-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: New information pricing & sale information

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Way to go, you got me thinking about slapping on a set of bolt on turbos next year. Nice pricing to BTW.

Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

-BOOSTTD- verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) mh3kgt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    What would the price be on a 15g to 19t upgrade? Mine were already converted from 9b's so I don't have cores

Owner Since

Thanks
    Thanks man, btw big fan of your car. Amazing what weight mods can do for your 1/4 mile time.

I can only imagine how fast your car would be if you upgraded the turbos!

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3kgt View Post
    What would the price be on a 15g to 19t upgrade? Mine were already converted from 9b's so I don't have cores
    We could do that several ways, You could sell your turbos as 15G's and I'll use a set of 9b's I've got or if your 15G's were in good shape and didnt need a rebuild, I could just machine your compressor housing and then balance the assembly with the new 19T wheels. I'll take a look at my pricing for the parts when I get home and let you know what the actual cost for an upgrade from 15G to 19T would run.

-BOOSTTD- verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) mh3kgt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 92RT-TT View Post
    We could do that several ways, You could sell your turbos as 15G's and I'll use a set of 9b's I've got or if your 15G's were in good shape and didnt need a rebuild, I could just machine your compressor housing and then balance the assembly with the new 19T wheels. I'll take a look at my pricing for the parts when I get home and let you know what the actual cost for an upgrade from 15G to 19T would run.
    Awesome thanks, I'm diagnosing an oil burning issue right now, and suspect that my rear turbo seals may be blowing some oil and burning it I'm hoping that it's just my PCV system tho, I've added a catch can so the rear head doesn't vent to the rear turbo pipe anymore, so I'm hoping it will fix my between shift puff of smoke

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unknownvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Only $900 for a set of 19t's?? Thats crazy. My rear 9b was blown, i just took it apart today and it cracked the bearing, can it still be used as a core? Can i send you the turbos first to get around the core charge?
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yep , those prices may go up after the initial group though. Without seeing your turbo its hard to say for sure if its usable or if it would need a new CHRA or turbine shaft or not. I just did a set that the turbine shafts had worn along with the bushings so the turbine shafts had to be replaced which ended up costing several hundred dollars more being those aren't cheap.

If you sent them first and they are usable then there would be no core charge as I'd just use your turbos for the upgrade.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unknownvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I could send you a few pics of the shaft to see if its worth sending them to you. Im in on this though, wheres the sign up sheet at? Lol

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownvr4 View Post
    I could send you a few pics of the shaft to see if its worth sending them to you. Im in on this though, wheres the sign up sheet at? Lol

Yeah that sounds good.

I'll edit the first post with a list of each turbo and who's interested in that one.

So I take it mark you down for 19T's correct?

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast