Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polyurethane Bushings

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks

Polyurethane Bushings

I'm trying to find other options for Polyurethane bushing kits for my 91' Stealth TT. I know about the 3SX kit and I spend a lot of money there but those things are astronomically expensive.

Do we have any other options?

Secret Lurker Man! verified
    Owner Since
    7/10/06 or somethin

Thanks
    I believe the 3SX kits were made by someone else as a group buy or specialty thing, can't remember who it was that made them, but 3SX ended up buying them and now they have the lot of them....*20 minutes later* I searched... http://www.cryofuzion.com/91-93_sted...0_VR4_susp.htm It was stedebani, and I'm not sure if they make them, 3SX bought them last I recall, but they still have info up, so who knows...maybe someone can spark up another group buy of some sort with these guys or somethin

The only other leader of poly would be energy suspension, but they don't make anything for our cars

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nihil For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hey man, We have a few manufacturers of poly bushings in Australia.
    1 is called "Fulcrum" which make a range of poly bushes under the name of "superpro" (blue)http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/
    And another company which I have used in both my cars is called "Nolathane" (red)http://www.nolathane.com.au/

They should have something to suit!

Nice find man!

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It's all we use in australia really so it was given that I'd bring their names up. I run the 60mm steel shelled OE style rear lower control arm bushes and the replacement front lower control arm bushes and they are SWEET. Cost about $120 AU for a full set of lower control arm bushs, so not cheap either!

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    3sx is still on sale. 250 isn't bad for a full set.

Quote Originally Posted by KPZVR4 View Post
    3sx is still on sale. 250 isn't bad for a full set.
    A full set of what? Engine mounts?
    I think the majority here is talking about suspension and subframe bushings.

@Tufftr; The problem with those as I have found, is that the OEM part for the rear bushing on the front control arms were re-designed in 92/93, going from a sleeved bushing (nice design) to a loose rubber bushing attached with a bracket. I am in the process of converting my "new" style bushings to the old type, as I feel they are MUCH tighter and allow less play unless completely worn out. The control arm end piece on the newer style is however much thicker (it's 22mm, the old one is about 18mm judging from the OEM bushing I have) so I'm planning to either bore up the center sleeve in the "old-style" bushing or just re-sleeve it alltogether. I'm under the impression that the end piece on the older style control arm is threaded too, can you confirm this? That makes the old style even better IMO, as it's being clamped down pretty thoroughly.
    Last edited by BjornRune; 11-11-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BjornRune View Post
    @Tufftr; The problem with those as I have found, is that the OEM part for the rear bushing on the front control arms were re-designed in 92/93, going from a sleeved bushing (nice design) to a loose rubber bushing attached with a bracket. I am in the process of converting my "new" style bushings to the old type, as I feel they are MUCH tighter and allow less play unless completely worn out. The control arm end piece on the newer style is however much thicker (it's 22mm, the old one is about 18mm judging from the OEM bushing I have) so I'm planning to either bore up the center sleeve in the "old-style" bushing or just re-sleeve it alltogether. I'm under the impression that the end piece on the older style control arm is threaded too, can you confirm this? That makes the old style even better IMO, as it's being clamped down pretty thoroughly.
    I'll have to disect what you said a little in depth when I get home. I own a magna and diamante, but they use the same front ends. In saying that, might be worth going to the wreckers (junkyard to you guys :P) and look at some V6 DOHC early diamantes which AFAIK all use the 60mm steel shelled rear lower control arm bush.

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    I just realized that none of these kits, including 3SX, have anything related to the front swaybar and only part of the rear swaybars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    I believe the 3SX kits were made by someone else as a group buy or specialty thing, can't remember who it was that made them, but 3SX ended up buying them and now they have the lot of them....*20 minutes later* I searched... http://www.cryofuzion.com/91-93_sted...0_VR4_susp.htm It was stedebani, and I'm not sure if they make them, 3SX bought them last I recall, but they still have info up, so who knows...maybe someone can spark up another group buy of some sort with these guys or somethin

The only other leader of poly would be energy suspension, but they don't make anything for our cars
    Interesting.

I'll have to give them a call and see what they will charge for that kit and if they're interested in a group buy. Energy Suspension was the first place I looked. I couldn't believe that they don't have a damn thing for our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTR View Post
    Hey man, We have a few manufacturers of poly bushings in Australia.
    1 is called "Fulcrum" which make a range of poly bushes under the name of "superpro" (blue)http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/
    And another company which I have used in both my cars is called "Nolathane" (red)http://www.nolathane.com.au/

They should have something to suit!
    Checked them out and neither has a full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BjornRune View Post
    A full set of what? Engine mounts?
    I think the majority here is talking about suspension and subframe bushings.
    Yep, I'm mostly looking for the suspension bushings right now. Later I would want the subframe and rear diff bushing. At 3SX if you buy all three you're looking at close to $1,500.
    Last edited by Polygon; 11-12-2010 at 04:20 PM.