Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell phone gurus come in!

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Cell phone gurus come in!

I am upgrading my wife and my cell phones. Currently I am Verizon and have been for years. Had issues with connectivity with AT&T before the merge years ago.

I am wanting a new smart phone for both of us. I have been looking at the Droid X, or Incredible. I have read about restart and battery issues on both.

Don't necessarily have to stay with VZW, but Sprint is a definite no do to poor coverage.

Thought about IPhone, but at the time was not spending $500 for 2 phones.

What Phones are out there that are not yesteryear tech, but stable?

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Galaxy S Androids, Droid X and Droid 2 have all been pretty good phones. They all have 1500mah batteries which is quite large by cell phone standards. With that said, they all have rather large screens with processors upwards of 1Ghz. Battery life on all of them will last 2 days if used sparingly. If you used often, plan on charging them every night. Personally, I like the Galaxy S phones. The super AMOLED screens have such great contrast along with a 1Ghz Hummingbird processor which has shown to be much more efficient than the 1Ghz Snapdragon that you'll find in HTC's (ie. EVO 4G). Galaxy S phones also come with Gorilla Glass which is damn near indestructable, seriously. Super AMOLED screen is supposed to make more efficient use of battery power but it can still suck it down like the rest of them it seems like from my experience.

Personally, I think iPhones are a complete joke. I can expand on that if you'd like.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Please do. I am not a fan necessarily, but have no experience with them to pass judgment.

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I just got the Galaxy S (ATT Captive) so far I love it. I've been reading about it for a while.

Verizon calls it the fascinate. http://www.verizonwireless.com/samsu...-s-phone.shtml

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan92RTTT View Post
    I just got the Galaxy S (ATT Captive) so far I love it. I've been reading about it for a while.

Verizon calls it the fascinate. http://www.verizonwireless.com/samsu...-s-phone.shtml
    Great phone. Another thing I forgot to mention, that many of the HTC phones do not have, is decent sized flash memory. Even the almighty EVO 4G has a worthless 512MB or flash. Yeah, I know you can add external via MicroSD up to 32GB. However, even with 2.2 Foyo, the vast majority of the apps can't be put on to external (MicroSD) memory and only on flash. It's up to the developer of the app to make it possible to move it to external memory which is few and far between. Thus, you run out of flash memory pretty dang quick. However, with the Galaxy S phones and I believe most of the Motorola Droid phones, you get 2GB flash with 16GB external so you have plenty of room to download apps without your phone going batshit crazy because it has no memory left.

I'll write my thoughts on the iPhone soon here, Coop. Need to finish this sammich first.
    Last edited by onebadmollafolla; 11-26-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Dad verified Feedback Score 0 NickS VR4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    01 Apr 03 - Jokes on me

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    I am upgrading my wife and my cell phones.
    Well for upgrading your wife, may I recommend Eliza Dushku? As for your phone, I am waiting until March'ish for the Motorola Droid Terminator. Around the same time Verizon is rumored to get the iPhone.

I have a Droid and love it. The android phones are awesome with their built in GPS system, and if you mod it, you can make any phone a wireless hotspot.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Cool,

I read up on the Fascinate and have 2 on the way. I didn't even bother looking at the Samsung phones until you guys mentioned them. I like the reviews and they came out neck and neck with the IPhone 4.

Thanks!

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS VR4 View Post
    Well for upgrading your wife, may I recommend Eliza Dushku? As for your phone, I am waiting until March'ish for the Motorola Droid Terminator. Around the same time Verizon is rumored to get the iPhone.

I have a Droid and love it. The android phones are awesome with their built in GPS system, and if you mod it, you can make any phone a wireless hotspot.
    Nicely played friend, but a slight down grade in the chest dept. lol

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    Cool,

I read up on the Fascinate and have 2 on the way. I didn't even bother looking at the Samsung phones until you guys mentioned them. I like the reviews and they came out neck and neck with the IPhone 4.

Thanks!
    No problem. On top of that, you can replace the battery without sending it back to the manufacturer and purchase accessories without getting a second mortgage on your house.

You'll like it, I'm sure. I own a Galaxy S myself. I'm guessing I probably got a better deal on mine though.

Owner Since

Thanks
    LOL, yeah $150 for the two. Of course you have to wait 6 weeks for the mir. Stupid programs! If the manufacturer wants to rebate it, why not just allow the merchant to apply instantly...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast