Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Car was vandalized... need some help?

  1. #1

    Car was vandalized... need some help?

    Hey everyone, a little bit of history... when I was 18 I spend my life savings on a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000 GT SL. My family thought I was crazy, my friends thought I was crazy, but I have never looked back on my decision.

    Now I am 22, into my first week of law school, broke as can be and someone decided to vandalize my car while I was in class. And get this, there are no cameras. Apparently there is not enough crime in VA to need them... But I could use anyone's help/advice on finding a new driver side mirror. Whoever took mine left the actual frame untouched, they just "popped out" the reflective surface and the piece that is attached to it (I have no idea what it is called, but it connects to the frame to make it pivotable).

    Thanks for your time and consideration and I hope my post didn't offend anyone else's knowledge of the car.

  2. #2
    Banned verified ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    286
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    My advice is to upgrade to a TT because they have way better mirrors.

  3. #3
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Owner Since
    2010

    Location
    az
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Damn what Part of va are you from my friend?? Must be from up north.

  4. #4
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Damn that sucks. How someone could vandalize one of these cars is beyond me. You are dealing with a huge douche bag here, or some crazy bitch. Who have you pissed off lately?

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  5. #5
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    604
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    That sucks some bastered kid stole one of my reflectors off the front of my Euro Spec 3s


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    3000GT of Europe
    www.3sofeu.org/main
    Cherry Hill Mitsubishi Coupon Code- 3SE

  6. #6
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

    Location
    Royersford, PA
    Posts
    3,814
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,059
    Thanked 442 Times in 317 Posts
    Do you have the heated mirrors? The actual glass assembly isn't terribly expensive, but it sure does suck. Insurance doesn't cover vandalism?
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝
    - 24

  7. #7
    94 3500gt vr2? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2007

    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,074
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
    Ex GF?

    People usually sell mirrors relatively cheap. I think I sold a couple of sets (entire housing, glass and all) for $20 or $30 each. Wait it out and find one the same color as your car. Check ebay and the forums.

    What else they do other than the mirror?
    Last edited by n2nsanity; 09-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  8. #8
    is it red by chance?

  9. #9
    To keo92stealth: I'm actually in Williamsburg. This happened in the W&M stadium parking lot. Which for some reason has NO cameras at all...

    DocWalt: I do have heated mirrors, and insurance probably covers vandalism but I don't want my premium to go up any higher (stuck between a rock and a hard place)

    n2nsanity: They didn't do ANYTHING else. That is what is really confusing. It is kind of like someone else needed my mirror, followed me to my parking spot by the stadium and took what they needed in less than an hr. It was definitely a sight to sober me up.

    jspecmike: Yes, it is red. It is RED. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by NCPA3000GT; 09-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.

  10. #10
    94 3500gt vr2? verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2007

    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,074
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
    Ton of them on ebay for $50 shipped.

    97 3000GT VR4 Stealth TT AWD Driver Red Heated REAR VIEW MIRROR Right R 211K | eBay

    I'm sure someone on one of the forums will sell you one for less. I was selling pairs for less than that.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to n2nsanity For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering