Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: The other 3s site ...

  1. #91
    BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2/2010

    Location
    L'Anse, MI
    Posts
    2,476
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 594 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtyla View Post
    did you just make up a word?

    I like it.
    +2 :d
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

    Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by UTRacerX9 View Post
    Oh I'm not denying they are driving off members. (I'm one of them LOL.) No, I'm referring to a ton of old timers who never post on there anymore, some have sold their cars, others have just lost interest. People were saying for years (long before AF even owned the forum) that the site was getting worse, and that was due to the long time members leaving, and newbies who got a 3S as their first car, trashed it/wrecked it, and quickly dropped off the site as well. When you've got a guy like Jeff Lucius (who I bet most new members from 2008 and on don't even know) just quit posting and stop updating his site, there isn't much hope for long term membership from newer guys who don't really have a vested interest in the platform, they just happen to own a 3S.
    What happened to Jeff anyways? At least his site's still up...
    "This is a ridiculous cause and effect suggestion."
    "Yeah, kind of like the sun rising and then morning happening, eh? What are they trying to pull on us?"

    "If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart into a microphone."

    "It's easy. Take the last f*ck, and let it go, and thus you shall have no more f*cks to give."

  3. #93
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    LOL, can't believe you never heard the word unass before.

  4. #94
    Norcal3s.com supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been inactive on the forums for the last couple years and have no clue what happened and why its now split into two. lol. after reading about it for a while I have a general idea but still haven't been fully informed. All the info is kind of secretive and people do not want to name people by their real username or website by their url


  5. #95
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slage View Post
    I've been inactive on the forums for the last couple years and have no clue what happened and why its now split into two. lol. after reading about it for a while I have a general idea but still haven't been fully informed. All the info is kind of secretive and people do not want to name people by their real username or website by their url

    Been awhile since I've seen your name around the community. Welcome back!

  6. #96
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slage View Post
    I've been inactive on the forums for the last couple years and have no clue what happened and why its now split into two. lol. after reading about it for a while I have a general idea but still haven't been fully informed. All the info is kind of secretive and people do not want to name people by their real username or website by their url

    AF decided $$$ > community. alan resigned & created this site. everyone that seemed to give more than 2 shits about this platform jumped ship as well. AF instituted a massive censorship program which not only remains in effect to this day (at least for this website's address), but also removed the ability to edit self-created content for several weeks (possibly longer). yes, that's right; AF's knee-jerk reaction was that people might delete things they'd posed on 3si--so they eliminated the ability of ANYONE to edit posts.

    for a while, most of us that still posted there (yet had come here) had sinking ships in our avatars. people that did so were often perma-banned with little cause. stating the litany of problems that AF had perpetrated on the forum was not warmly greeted either (whereas any consumer-driven company would regard such feedback as incentive on where to improve). lastly, because AF relies heavily on david to run things--they've completely yielded power to his whims. hence, NG is not advertised over there, because he's decided to respond to alan and lori with a temper tantrum...rather than mature conversation.

    the 3si loyalists are, again, either blind to reality or leg-humping on the people running the show over there. the platform loyalists are essentially all on 3sgto, and many/most don't post useful information on 3si at all (myself included).

    p.s.
    dunno if the numerical url address of 3sgto can get by the censor over there. might be something to try (keep it secret though, david's a loyal AF ball-licker because they put him in charge).

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IPD For This Useful Post:


  8. #97
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2000

    Posts
    1,241
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
    I still cant edit my posts on the other site, not even the recent ones(less than 48 hours old). makes me mad because I make a lot of grammar etc mistakes.I would really like to correct my spelling errors when I notice them later, afterall I'm not a native speaker...

  9. #98
    Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

    Location
    Ozark, AL
    Posts
    1,211
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    ...but also removed the ability to edit self-created content for several weeks (possibly longer). yes, that's right; AF's knee-jerk reaction was that people might delete things they'd posed on 3si--so they eliminated the ability of ANYONE to edit posts.
    Wow, I had no idea they went that far, and I was considering deleting all of my posts for a time but decided against it.

    Screw them.

  10. #99
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    Now the current edit feature time frame is ridiculous.

    The NG bullshit was a disgrace/disservice to the community IMO. And I hope that when NG12 rolls around, some people pull their heads out of their asses.

  11. #100
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    stow
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    have not been there for over at least a year but went there and deleted my profile info.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering