PDA

View Full Version : td05 adaptor plates

gerber93tt
09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
i picked up a set of adaptor plates alittle bit ago, and i was wondering before i install them in the near future, is there any modification that needs done for 16g turbos to be bolted onto a stock car? for example intercooler piping?

DCIV
09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
whose plates did you get...it makes a big diff.

Coop

gerber93tt
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
im not exactly too sure. i bought them off a guy on 3si. ill have to check them for a brand or logo

Austin@STM
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
you will have to change oil and coolant lines, 02 housings, downpipe will need to be modified, IC piping will change a bit, as well as your intake pipes will need to be modified.

Its not nearly the same as a true bolt in turbo.

gerber93tt
09-24-2010, 10:02 AM
yea i figured as much. im not 100% sure if i want to run td05's or just go with a set of 19t's. i have precat eliminators that i got with them that have open dumps that should bolt right to the down pipe. ill just have to see

DCIV
09-24-2010, 10:59 AM
you will have to change oil and coolant lines, 02 housings, downpipe will need to be modified, IC piping will change a bit, as well as your intake pipes will need to be modified.

Its not nearly the same as a true bolt in turbo.

More then that, I had to custom make a front motor mount, had to modify the exhaust dump that came with it, had to delete my ac, had to get rid of my big fan for my radiator, and make my own custom adapter for my wastegate actuator. I know there is more I am forgetting but depending on the whose you have is depending on how far you have to go because the first version wasnt as bad.

Coop

gerber93tt
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
dang. ill just have to check them out one the car and see how they fit. i geuss thats the best way to find out what needs to be done

L_P
09-27-2010, 12:40 PM
i picked up a set of adaptor plates alittle bit ago, and i was wondering before i install them in the near future, is there any modification that needs done for 16g turbos to be bolted onto a stock car? for example intercooler piping?

Well you will need J pipe for the turbo to connect it to your intercooler piping. You will need custom or premade TD05 oil feed and drain tubes.
You will need the exhaust housing to connect it to your exhaust.
So pretty much everything.

Also a way to adjust your AFR after you get them running. once they are installed unless you know how to tune you will want to run waste gate pressure and stay out of boost till its tuned. 10PSI on TD05 is close to the same fuel at 15-16psi on 9Bs depending if you already have your fuel pump hotwired.

What other mods do you have? For you to really start to use the turbos you will want to add the following.

Walbro Fuelpump (an AFPR recommended and almost needed if you hotwire it)
SAFC2 or equivalent to adjust your AFR
Logger or way to monitor the car
Larger injectors (550 or larger depending on how far you want to push it)
WB 02 is a really good idea

This is a bare list there are plenty of other items to help but that should get you going.
-John

TurboX2
09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Coming from just experiencing this -- if you have 16G's and the adapters that go with them, you will have customization in your future if going with stock ICs or an FMIC. I actually went to an FMIC and had to do some major customization to adapters I got from IPS to fit with a CX Racing Kit (that was made for stock setup). My previous setup with stock IC's, I had a J pipe that ends pointing down to hook up with the stock IC pipes.

Whatever you decide, just make sure your parts are meant to go together, otherwise have your cutter handy. :)

Drweldin
09-28-2010, 07:45 AM
I always wondered about bracing. The stock turbos are re-enforced with bracing to the engine to help support the weight if I remember correctly....Id sure think you'd want to replicate that...