PDA

View Full Version : BPU++ Supra drag passes - now w/ antilag

HellBringer
07-06-2012, 07:28 PM
After battling too much traction at my last track outing, I installed the Rush Racing Antilag box I've had laying around for awhile now. It was a sweltering 95° at Darlington Dragway - absolutely brutal - so I was prepared for the power to be down a little. My main goal was to take advantage of the short lines (and usually decent prep) at Darlington and work on the launch.

Pertinent mods - same as last time except with the RRAL:

Blitz SUS intake
RMM Downpipe
Apexi N1 catback
GReddy 3-Row FMIC
UR Cam Gears set to intake +2 Exhaust -3.5
UR Flywheel
ACT Turbo Xtreme Clutch
OBDII ECU
Apexi AVC-R (hate!)
Apexi NEO (completely zero'd)
EGR &TRAC delete
TRD Diff
Chromoly driveshaft
16" CCW Drag pack
Rush Racing Antilag

Slips:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/AHPowelson/slips74.jpg

1st Pass (far left) -- The car had a good 1.5hrs to cool down so you know it's hot outside when the temp gauge still reads operating temp as soon as you turn the key... I started with the 2-step at ~4500RPM and 16psi in the tires. I tried a quick slip as opposed to a complete dump and it resulted in a decent amount of wheelspin, likely due to the tire pressure. 11.6 @ 122.5MPH w/ 1.86 60'. I was actually pretty pleased with the both trap speeds considering the extreme heat.

2nd Pass (not pictured) -- Dropped tire pressure to 15.5psi. I basically hot-lapped with a 15-20 min cool down since there was no one in the staging lanes. Tried another quick slip and it ended up being a little softer than I intended and completely missed 2nd gear after cooking the clutch. Drove to the end of the track..

3rd Pass (not pictured - just found the slip) -- Let the car cool down for about 20 min. Dropped tire pressure down to 15psi and raised the 2-step to ~4800RPM. Tried a slightly quicker slip and it worked well - left pretty hard, but felt funny on the 1-2 and 2-3 and then was blocked out of 4th gear -- clutch is not happy. 11.80 @ 117.5MPH w/ 1.70 60'

4th Pass (3rd from left in pic) -- Let the car cool down for about 20 min. Tried a more aggressive launch - almost a complete dump and spun fairly hard. Overall decent run but MPH is suffering due to the heat w/ little cool down. 11.68 @ 121.1MPH w/ 1.81 60'

5th Pass (2nd from left in pic) -- Let the car cool down for about 1hr. Dropped tire pressure to 14.5psi. Got aggressive with the launch and hooked nicely and then got blocked out of 2nd gear...! Was able to drop it back in so I went ahead and completed the run since I blew my only chance at a decent good cool down run. 11.97 @ 120.4MPH w/ 1.66 60'

6th Pass (far right in pic) -- My last chance before the lanes close...! Let the car cool down for about 30 min. Decided to hold back a little on the shifts and focus on accuracy. Aggressive launch with a moderate amount of wheel spin and overall decent run. 11.65 @ 120MPH w/ 1.70 60'. MPH suffered immensely due to the heat soak and the clutch pedal really needed to be adjusted, so I decided to pack it in.

Overall it was a good experience. I didn't best my previous 11.50 due to the heat and clutch drag/disengagement issues, but definitely some good lessons learned for next time. Ironically, they kept the lanes open an extra hour after I had already swapped tires, so I had I known, I could have adjusted the clutch pedal and allowed for a decent cool down period...!

Video of a few runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL06-nGnYo