PDA

View Full Version : 1991 3000gt vr4 $2500

Mr Wizard
07-02-2012, 08:30 AM
1991 $ 2500

Hey Everyone,
I have never really been that active in this forum as I kind of dropped off when the forums split. For references to me and what I have done please take a look at some of the threads on 3si. I am going to be leaving the country for a while and want the car to go to someone that will have fun and enjoy it. If it doesn’t sell then it will get stored and I would prefer not to do that. At this point it runs fairly well with the exceptions noted below. At the moment this might not be the greatest daily driver (during the winter I drove it almost every day) but I believe that it would be a good base for a project car.

The drive train is pretty much stock with the exception of an air filter, and intake. The engine also has some old powder coating.

About a year a half ago I performed some major work on the engine but did not go as far as tearing it completely apart and rebuilding it. It could probably use a full rebuild at some point in its future.

I have looked around and a good condition 91 VR4 seems to be selling for around at least 5-6k. I am asking $2500 for this one but am open to other offers.

The interior is cloth. When I bought the 3000GT I was always hitting my head with the leather seats and switched them out with the interior of a 93 Stealth base.

A full set of pictures of the car can be found here. If you would like any additional photos please let me know and I will go out and take them.

Pictures: www.photobucket.com/oviedo3000GT
Pick up of the car would be in Oviedo FL.
In my signature is the link the rebuild that was completed.

The following work was completed on about a year ago
- New oil Pump
- New water pump
- New Steering Rack
- New Timing Belt
- New Tensioner’s
- Replacement misc gaskets
- Transfer case gaskets
- General 180k mile work
- Replacement drive shaft (used) with almost new carrier bearings
- 3rd gen lash adjusters
- Replacement shocks and struts
- Replacement ball joints and tie rod ends

Other extras
- piller mounted boost and A/F (narrow band) gauges
- Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and volt gauges mounted under radio in custom plexiglass bracket.
- Data Logging cable included. Also have old Palm IIIc which can connect.
- A variety of extra parts, speciality tools, manuals will be included. Pretty much everything I have for this car.
- Billet aluminum pressure testing tool and other hardware
- AC Compressor

The issues that the car has.
- Air conditioning is non functional but is installed. I have an extra AC compressor that worked when removed but was never installed. I once hot wired the compressor clutch to see if it would work and it did at idle. During higher RPM’s there was to much drag on the system.
- One of the bushings in the lower front suspension is damaged and the steering alignment will change slightly during driving.
- Small oil leak between the oil pump and the oil filter housing
- Active exhaust system is locked into sport mode due to broken actuator cable.
- Electrical system has some small issues. I believe it is either the grounding contacts which need cleaning or a replacement alternator. During operation the car will experience low voltage.
- Starter, The starter was replaced a few years ago but I believe that it is somehow getting stuck. Sometimes there is difficulty starting, usually cleared by putting the car into gear and rocking forward and back.
- PS Locking mechanism does not always function correctly.
- Tachometer and speedo are non functional.
- Clutch booster vacuum does not work. The clutch works fine it just has no assistance. Vac lines have been disconnected and capped.

Pictures: www.photobucket.com/oviedo3000GT
Car Rebuild Thread on 3SI (http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/my-120k-rebuild-482699/)

For any additional information please contact me via email at chrisisd @ gmail.com

lgvenable
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Mr wizard
what do you want for the extra compressor? 75 shipped?

Mr Wizard
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Mr wizard
what do you want for the extra compressor? 75 shipped?

Right now I would like to keep it with the car. If things change I will let you know.

Christian

Mr Wizard
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
No interest in the car? Price to high?

Mr Wizard
08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
New thread. lower price http://www.3sgto.org/f59/1991-3000gt-vr4-%241800-9428.html

keo92stealth
08-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Where is this car?

Mr Wizard
08-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Oviedo, FL