Atrosity
09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
are really missing out. Just saying ;)

Austin@STM
09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
not what i expected from the title.

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I have reservations with the current accept everyone even known scammers and give them a home here too. I have already expressed my concern of this, and its not any shop. Its individuals, one of who has been banned on over 4 user names. Now resides here, cant and wont support a place that doesn't look out for the community on such issues. Especially because one of these people specifically uses PMs to make sales and scam. Wont be signing up till I see how this is handled.

11secondFWD
09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey Matt, nelson is back on 3si too and so are a lot of people who did others wrong. I think you should just talk with Alan about one(s) who is (are) on this new site. I am pretty sure he is trying to make this site free of any of the problems from 3si.

beepbeep
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
and just what exactly are you trying to say???? :hum:

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Not "trying" to say anything. I've said it and I haven't seen what I think is a good way of handling it (ignoring it currently). It has nothing to do with Nelson or Mike or members like that. Its ones who specifically scam, and nothing else. If this is for the community, do you want or need their money anyway?

beepbeep
09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Not "trying" to say anything. I've said it and I haven't seen what I think is a good way of handling it (ignoring it currently). It has nothing to do with Nelson or Mike or members like that. Its ones who specifically scam, and nothing else. If this is for the community, do you want or need their money anyway?

Sorry, I meant by the first post by the TS.

DocWalt
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
and just what exactly are you trying to say???? :hum:

:suspect:

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
So you will not support a site because known scammers are on this site from previous actions that took place on 3si?

jba3
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM

I have a name in mind, but shoot me a PM so we're on the same page.

Emilie@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM
who is the known scammer?

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:09 PM
He is being very vague with his posts. I guess some people have grudges...

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 10:10 PM
So you will not support a site because known scammers are on this site from previous actions that took place on 3si?

You can rationalize it all you want, this isn't 3si, this is new, we're not them. Whatever you want, if you want them here then this isn't a place I want to support. This is and will always have ties there. Where did I meet most of these people, where did this whole place spawn from, where did I get help for my my first 11 cars, ect ect. If there were banned there 4 count them 1, 2, 3, 4!!!!! Oh and when I say count them I dont mean 4 time under 1 name, known scammers who changed names to continue scamming. Why the hell do you want them here? To be different and not them? Cool then I say once again I don't want to support a place that welcomes people like that. I've said my piece and I'm going to stand by it, if this place is community oriented, then those types of members should not be part of this place.

who is the known scammer?

Its not GZP.

I've sent my PMs, pushed the report button and done what I feel should be enough. If nothing gets done, I'll sadly move platforms and stick to local guys. I'm not going to pick sides or mess with this, these people aren't there, they shouldnt be here, they SCAM. If this is a site that supports that, then I wont.

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:13 PM
No idea what incident you are talking about or who you are talking about....

Emilie@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I know it's not GZP :) I'm curious who it is. you're welcome to PM it to me if you don't want to post it publicly.

stealthee
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Being as active as I was on 3si if there were 4 known scammersfrom there on here then I am sure I'd know who you were talking about. At this point, I am clueless.

The only one who I can even begin to think that you are talking about, though I doubt its even right is STM. I never heard of STM scamming people, but they got in trouble for spamming their website. If its not them then I am completely clueless.

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Yo B, it was 1 guy 4 names that I have the biggest problem with. Not 4 guys

Why dont you answer the question, since you think its a grudge.

Why do you want anyone like what I described here? Cuz this isn't 3si?

Like I said cool if thats the mentality of this site, I dont like it. Most people dont know much about it, because it was different names that repeatedly got banned largely in part because myself and a few others watched out for it. You dont have to know what I'm talking about, but to call it a grudge. Well damn.
Its a site concern that I have, for the safety of its members. You can blow me off all you want, I don't care.

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Edit: he replied before I did.

stealthee
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I read that a few times and readx it different each time. My bad. I think I know what events you are talking about now, but I have no clue what his username is here. It might even be someone who Em helped point out and is owed money from. I'm not going to abandon 3sgto if he's here, its not a good enough reason in my opinion. Sure I'd like things like that to be taken care of, but its not a valid reason to leave a site.

Austin@STM
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Before that rumor starts, we never scammed anyone, and never will. If there is an issue we deal with it, and so far nothing. That being said yes we got a warning on 3si for saying STM a little to much, but thats a completely different story. We are a sponsor here and have done nothing but help the community, push the limits, and try new things.

As to who it is i dont have a clue and its not his need to say publicly who it is. If there is a problem like he says, he has done the right thing and brought it to the mods attention and from there it is up to them to decide where to go.

-Austin@STM

Hans@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Ok 20 questions....

1. are his initials JA?

stealthee
09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Before that rumor starts, we never scammed anyone, and never will. If there is an issue we deal with it, and so far nothing. That being said yes we got a warning on 3si for saying STM a little to much, but thats a completely different story. We are a sponsor here and have done nothing but help the community, push the limits, and try new things.

As to who it is i dont have a clue and its not his need to say publicly who it is. If there is a problem like he says, he has done the right thing and brought it to the mods attention and from there it is up to them to decide where to go.

-Austin@STM

I didn't mean to imply that in my post. I was just racking my brain as to who 4 people were, and I kept reading it as "they" as if it were a company. I didn't think you guys scammed anyone, but I didn't know if I missed something other than the warning about saying the name a little too much.

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Ok 20 questions....

1. are his initials JA?

Hahaha!

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Not giving a name

Not playing 20 questions

They means it is more than one person, however if I haven't made it clear there is one shining example that I have the largest problem with. But I'm just a guy with a grudge so no one listen to me

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
All I know is that you officially derailed the thread! Huzzah! hahahaha!

Emilie@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
then why bring it up publicly?

Hans@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I see one of them, but it doesn't look like they have posted yet.

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
He likes to play the

"I got a secret but I can't tell you" game.

hahahaha

Austin@STM
09-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I didn't mean to imply that in my post. I was just racking my brain as to who 4 people were, and I kept reading it as "they" as if it were a company. I didn't think you guys scammed anyone, but I didn't know if I missed something other than the warning about saying the name a little too much.

I know but I represent STM on this forum and i have to stand up for our name when it is brought up.

Hans@GZP
09-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Now you got me going through the member list looking for people LOL

MK_94_3000GT
09-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Because publicly my concern a few things that this site claims to be doing to "change" what they didnt like before, not the who. I'm not seeing an improvement moreover public acceptance which I think should be changed. The whole point of this is to express why I'm not supporting the site. Cool I'm missing out, have your thread back.

stealthee
09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
If one of the people you are concerned about is Stealthify then yes he did screw people over in the past. He has also made good on all past due monies to people who have came forward. Midnite Haze doesn't exist anymore and Shaun works for Cianci as an employee, not making products to sell for himself.

Alex3000gt
09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I think it's scary that so many people have to ask if it is them.:laugh:

..:45:

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 11:03 PM

I lol'd!

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Am I one of those being spoken of? Because granted I have a deal that had issues, aside from that I have a flawless track record over many sites. And that one bad deal has been worked out and taken care of.

-Jon

There has been a couple complicated dealings though...

Hans@GZP
09-21-2010, 11:16 PM

I think it's YOU!!!

Alex3000gt
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I think it's YOU!!!

Ahhh, busted! Haha.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v312/154/89/170900869/n170900869_30278157_1961.jpg

You're just jealous of my Stealths. (hope this linked picture loaded)

Atrosity
09-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Whoa, gimme model!

Alex3000gt
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Whoa, gimme model!

I've also got a 3000gt from Tamiya. Painted it metallic blue. Haha

Atrosity
09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Just bought a 3000GT, painting it to match my car! :) ebay ftmfw

FeaRpb
09-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Back to the first post that started it all.

What am I missing? Is it teh bewbs?

beepbeep
09-22-2010, 12:21 AM
and ass

Nah, I've seen plenty of ass here already.

FeaRpb
09-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Point me in the direction.

Atrosity
09-22-2010, 12:47 AM
seriously?!?

Model Car ftmfw!

Point me in the direction.

+1

2fnloud
09-22-2010, 07:14 AM
There is a "Nice A$$" thread, but you need to be a paid member to access it.

Hans@GZP
09-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Ahhh, busted! Haha.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v312/154/89/170900869/n170900869_30278157_1961.jpg

You're just jealous of my Stealths. (hope this linked picture loaded)

I have those models too. Hell, my family makes those models ;) :p

Alan92RTTT
09-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Just because issues presented with a specific user are not publicly dealt with does not mean they are not being look into or resolved.

Blindly following the lead from other sites can make for very bad decisions. One bad decision has already been made by blindly following along. This will not happen again.

All issues brought to the staff will be reviewed and deal with in an appropriate manner.

MK_94_3000GT
09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks Alan, I see some quick progress already. I know you've got a lot on your plate.

My comments were never directed at you, I know you want to make this place the best you can. I'll continue to watch the areas of concern.

vr4_rider
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
[RANT]

This is retarded...why not just post the damned names so I/others don't have to take the risk of being scammed?

I know of one person who made numerous accounts. byebyesti. His name is Joe something. I don't know what his username is on here, but geeee I/others would like to know so we don't get scammed!

If anyone know of any scammers on 3si, please post up their names so we can be catious of them.

[/RAND]

Atrosity
09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
F*ck byebye_sti.....

sent my 3000GT headlights instead of Stealth headlights

Put glass headlights in a crappy box with no cushion and it arrived to me shattered...it was my first purchase from 3si....

Alan92RTTT
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
In some cases not posting the name gives the administration a better set of options when dealing with issue.

MK_94_3000GT
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Its my choice not to tell you all who it is because I want to see if its taken care of. Which by the looks of it, its being handled. I don't care that none of you can remember who it is (that doesn't mean this person(s) doesn't/dont exist), buy from verified seller or ones you know and you shouldn't have a problem.

dbest671
09-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Naming names IS NOT going to really help the situation. The person(s) in question back door their way in. They usually are not a verified seller. They look through Parts Wanted ads and send a PM offering the item for sale. Really it is up to members to not do sales through PM if the member is not verified and possibly new. I trust nobody, so I want them to either post it up for sale on the forums or put it on eBay.

Atrosity
09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
@MK_94_3000GT In regards to this whole thread you should have kept all this to yourself, if you don't want people to know who you were talking about, you should have not said anything and you should have left this to the Pm's between you and alan. Now you have the board curious and suspicious! haha!

MK_94_3000GT
09-22-2010, 11:03 AM
No cuz my problem is the reason I refuse to support the site. As soon as I see that its resolved I will gladly support. Furthermore upon my posting up this issue, it has been swiftly resolved. Thus I stand by my decision to why I dont support this site, and making the posts.

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Its my choice not to tell you all who it is because I want to see if its taken care of. Which by the looks of it, its being handled. I don't care that none of you can remember who it is (that doesn't mean this person(s) doesn't/dont exist), buy from verified seller or ones you know and you shouldn't have a problem.

Yes, please do not share the name, and good advice in the end. :)

Naming names is going to really help the situation. The person(s) in question back door their way in. They usually are not a verified seller. They look through Parts Wanted ads and send a PM offering the item for sale. Really it is up to members to not do sales through PM if the member is not verified and possibly new. I trust nobody, so I want them to either post it up for sale on the forums or put it on eBay.

I'm sorry, but no it's really not in this situation. There's more history to this than you know. The suggestion to not conduct transactions through pm's alone is solid advice that everyone should heed. :thumbsup:

No cuz my problem is the reason I refuse to support the site. As soon as I see that its resolved I will gladly support. Furthermore upon my posting up this issue, it has been swiftly resolved. Thus I stand by my decision to why I dont support this site, and making the posts.

It's been handled. The way it was handled on 3Si is the reason for the repeat offenses. We've built a better mousetrap. If you see "more" (and you know what I'm talking about) let me know ;)

Jeremy

MK_94_3000GT
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Jeremy, I'll keep an eye out

Geez never taken so much flack for trying to help

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 12:03 PM
:lol: We appreciate it Matt. :)

Jeremy

dbest671
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Crap, I was typing fast because we needed to go down to the shop to pick up the Spyder:(. I meant IS NOT. I really need to work proof reading and my typos. Sometimes my brain thinks faster than my finger, and my eyes read what my brain was thinking and not what I actually wrote.

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I figured that's what you meant, but I wasn't for sure. :)

Jeremy

Hans@GZP
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Might as well lock this thread up LOL

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
This thread is doing just fine, now.

Jeremy

Hans@GZP
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry, thought I was on another board that likes to lock threads

TonyM
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
It just got derailed . . .

Anyway, as for me, I plan to donate here shortly. Wanted to see it get off the ground before I start committing dollars to something that may or may not take off. Alan, Jeremy, and the team are proving the forum to be well run and the community is getting on board. I don't see it as risky to make a donation so I will shortly.

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I only lock them if it gets way out of control or just plain rude & nasty(or dumb & pointless). The discussion here is still pretty civil, just strayed slightly off topic(which is ok too, I want to hear everything and Matt had a good point). :)

Jeremy

AudibleSilence
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Soooooo how do I 'support' the site? I actually want to become a vendor/Sponsor as well, but I'll start with supporting.

HilbillyHomeboy
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Soooooo how do I 'support' the site? I actually want to become a vendor/Sponsor as well, but I'll start with supporting.

Settings>>>paid subscriptions(on left hand side).

Jeremy

AudibleSilence
09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Sooooooo...about becoming a sponsor :) I want to sell bottled awesomeness. No, I'm not kidding.

Emilie@GZP
09-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Sooooooo...about becoming a sponsor :) I want to sell bottled awesomeness. No, I'm not kidding.

*insert perverted joke here*

Alan92RTTT
09-22-2010, 05:12 PM
If you are serious their is a link to sponsor pricing at the top of the sales/sponsors page. No need to sponsor and be a site supporter.

TonyM
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM

What state of matter does that come in? :lol:

dbest671
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM

I'll buy, but only if it comes with your seal of approval, guarantee that I will be awesome, and a warranty ;).

Alex3000gt
09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
My little stealth models didn't come with hoods. Anyone have miniature stealth hoods? I had to get in an ebay bidding war with AudibleSilence to lock these things down!

AudibleSilence
09-22-2010, 08:59 PM
If you are serious their is a link to sponsor pricing at the top of the sales/sponsors page. No need to sponsor and be a site supporter.

I am serious, I was telling Hansel about this last night whilst trying to get him to sell me a car.

What state of matter does that come in? :lol:

Hmm...somewhere between liquid and solid. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/AudibleSilence/3si%20and%20GTOUK%20Hosting/Smilies/suspect.gif

I'll buy, but only if it comes with your seal of approval, guarantee that I will be awesome, and a warranty ;).

Sup Momma....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/AudibleSilence/3si%20and%20GTOUK%20Hosting/Smilies/flex.gif

My little stealth models didn't come with hoods. Anyone have miniature stealth hoods? I had to get in an ebay bidding war with AudibleSilence to lock these things down!

You little whore....

Alex3000gt
09-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I am serious, I was telling Hansel about this last night whilst trying to get him to sell me a car.

Hmm...somewhere between liquid and solid. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/AudibleSilence/3si%20and%20GTOUK%20Hosting/Smilies/suspect.gif

Sup Momma....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/AudibleSilence/3si%20and%20GTOUK%20Hosting/Smilies/flex.gif

You little whore....

Tee hee. Outbid!

Atrosity
09-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Tee hee. Outbid!

My 3000GT Tamiya model just got shipped. Painting this bitch sexy black y0!

Apache
09-23-2010, 12:12 AM
My 3000GT Tamiya model just got shipped. Painting this bitch sexy black y0!

Random question regarding this... Did anyone ever make a model for the 2nd or 3rd Gen 3000s? I've seen 1st and 2nd Gen Stealth models but ZERO 3000s.

TonyM
09-23-2010, 09:12 AM
I've got 4 unbuilt Stealth models sitting in boxes at home. Two first gens and two second gens.

Two of them are still wrapped in plastic too . . . found them stashed in a corner at an old hobby shop in Michigan for like $8 each. Score!

Bob
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Random question regarding this... Did anyone ever make a model for the 2nd or 3rd Gen 3000s? I've seen 1st and 2nd Gen Stealth models but ZERO 3000s.

I've only seen 2nd generation 3000Gt models in diecast.

Atrosity
09-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Tony when they are all built up and painted, take them to the 3S Gatherings!

You park your car next to everyone else and in between you laydown the 4 models. :D