PDA

View Full Version : Any of you "nerds" have an extra Graphing Calculator you'd like to sell?

JeremyG
09-21-2010, 05:05 PM
My son is in Trig honors and was just informed he needs a Graphing Calculator. I know there's a lot of "nerds" here (respectfully intended!). One of you guys must have one sitting around that you'll sell cheap?

If you don't then can you suggest a decent one - he'll need to use it for this year and next at least... who knows nowadays whether he'll need it in college or not?!!?/

FeaRpb
09-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I may be able to pick up a TI 83 or 84 from work. I will let you know. They are the best IMO.

He will more than likely need it for college, I know I used mine in trig and stuff.

FeaRpb
09-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Hey Jeremy, I actually have one here at my apartment. Let me know if you are still looking for one.

terrets
09-23-2010, 01:10 AM
I have a TI89 somewhere. but its more than sufficient for that class. He would have an easy time lol. You might be able to find a download for one on your pc.

marshallh
09-23-2010, 01:14 AM
A TI-83+ or any of the TI-84s will do your son good. You can try to use a different kind but many teachers will only give instructions on how to do things like setting up matrices and doing curve fitting/data points on those two TI models.

You can also use a TI-89 most places, though many teachers hate them because unlike the TI-83 and 84, you can do derivatives/integrals and it will show the steps. Great for getting work done but not when you need to learn the material yourself.

This'll last him through a good bit of college, and depending on his major, probably the whole duration.

FeaRpb
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey Jeremy, just PM me on here if you still need one.

Mikes2nd
09-30-2010, 03:22 PM
ive got a badarse one in the drawer... havent used in a couple years. Ti86 i think