PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys brew your own beer?

green-lantern
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I’ve done it once before and now I want to do it again. The 1st time I used bottles but that kind of sucked so I want to use cola kegs this time. I have the kegs but now I need the rest of the stuff. Anybody know a good cheap place to get the regulator, hook ups, co2 tank and tap? Any other advice on brewing?

UTRacerX9
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I did it a few times back in college, I had one of those "Mr. Beer" brewing kits. It was ok, you could make some strong beers, but it wasn't all that great. It was cheap though. For a professional setup, www.micromatic.com has a bunch of stuff for home brews.

green-lantern
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
I have an OK set up for brewing. I'll need to upgrade if I keep doing it.

Maximal
09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Check with Paul (GolfDuke) on reBAWC...he's pretty good at it and has a pretty sweet setup.

green-lantern
09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Check with Paul (GolfDuke) on reBAWC...he's pretty good at it and has a pretty sweet setup.

Speaking of Paul he needs to get his ass over here.

EZnTn
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Finally had your fill of Miller?

enigma9o7
09-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Back in the day, I had a friend that brewed beer. He always asked us to buy a certain beer and save him the bottles. I forgot what it's called now. But it was some french beer, and it had this cork type stopper that was attached to metal rods... hard to explain exactly... but it allowed you to re-seal the beer pretty easy. Anyways he always wanted us to save the bottles and give them to him. And his beer tasted like beer.

TooFast4Radar
09-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Hans used to brew his own. About 10 years ago he came to St. Louis with a few 2-liter bottles of his home brew. I guess Hans needed more than just a bottle at a time :lol:

green-lantern
09-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Back in the day, I had a friend that brewed beer. He always asked us to buy a certain beer and save him the bottles. I forgot what it's called now. But it was some french beer, and it had this cork type stopper that was attached to metal rods... hard to explain exactly... but it allowed you to re-seal the beer pretty easy. Anyways he always wanted us to save the bottles and give them to him. And his beer tasted like beer.

http://www.300guitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/grolsch2tin.jpg

I have a bunch of them a friend gave me but I'm pretty sure I want to go with the coke kegs.