PDA

View Full Version : Modified (stronger) adjustable control arms

Maximal
09-21-2010, 03:09 PM
To address some complaints about noisy rod ends we looked into the issue and came up with a solution. These new parts replace the standard rod ends with teflon lubricated, aircraft grade, ones so there should be no more issues with noise and there should even be more strength.

If you have the old style there's nothing to wory about, they're not junk, I've had mine on for years with not so much as a peep from them but others seem to have more issues.

To get these new sets out there and get some reviews I'm running a quick group buy.

$190 shipped for the first 10 to jump in on this. Once we get to that number I'll order the parts for them, modify what needs to be modified, and ship them out to you guys. Paypal is Terry@maximalperformance.com.

I will be running this on that other forum too.

Austin@STM
09-21-2010, 06:16 PM
These for AWD?

Maximal
09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
AWD or FWD. Either works and will be the same design.

Sorta off topic but I also carry these for 1st gen DSM's if you guys ever get a customer than needs them.

bfretless
09-21-2010, 11:42 PM
How about for us that just want to replace the rod ends? Will your new ones interchange, and can we get a set of ends only?

Maximal
09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I will be offering the rod ends only. I have to look into pricing again but let me know if you're intersted for sure. You should be able to re-use the spacers and hardware so that should help the cost a bit.

bfretless
09-25-2010, 04:16 PM
I will want these, but I have to get a couple of other things done first. Which means, at my glacial pace, it's probably next year for the new rod ends. By which time my spacers will be fused to the ends that are on the car. :sad:

Austin@STM
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I will have to pick up a set over winter.

x2percentmilk
10-05-2010, 12:29 PM
What are the benefits over the old design?

Maximal
10-05-2010, 03:49 PM
What are the benefits over the old design?

They're stronger and with the teflon lining in the joint the squeaking some people get is eliminated.

x2percentmilk
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Well i'll def. be getting some when i get my megans
As of now i unexpectedly owe my school 1100 dollars :/

Maximal
11-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Well it doesn't look like this is going anywhere so I just added the option to the site for the standard of heavy duty, teflon lined ends.

http://www.maximalperformance.com/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=3

Maximal
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Also just added the HD Rod Ends seperate for you guys that wanted to go that route: http://www.maximalperformance.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=124

stealthee
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Maybe when I get to making my car more of a "comfort" driver I will look into these. My control arms aren't necessarily squeaky all the time, but it would be nice to not have to worry about getting under the car to lube them occasionally.

bfretless
11-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Also just added the HD Rod Ends seperate for you guys that wanted to go that route: http://www.maximalperformance.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=124

Excellent! These are on my list to get as soon as possible. Thanks again, Terry, for doing what it takes to meet the needs of your customers.