PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual North East Gathering - 2012

91STT
05-28-2012, 11:25 PM
The NEG was created to provide a means for all 3000GT & Stealth enthusiasts from the North Eastern part of the US to get together. This event is focused on providing the 3S enthusiast, their friends, and family a fun filled weekend for all to enjoy. The reason why this event is so unique compared to other 3S meets is because for the most part; it has less to do with our cars and more about the people. Although this meet features a car show. Car show participants are given opportunities to showcase their mods and such in a collective manner. Not to show off but rather to educate one another. Votes from participants are tallied in a manner that is truly unique to the NEG. This meet is truly a vacation for 3S owners. No drag racing, no autocross, no long drawn out cruises, no activities that your family and friends of any age can't participate in. This year is also the first time the NEG will be a 4 day event!

Dates: August 9, 2012 to August 12, 2012

This event will feature a Luncheon Boat Cruise around Lake George (optional), Lazy River tubing at Lake Luzerne (optional), Car Show on Prospect Mountain overlooking Lake George, fully catered Awards Dinner at the hotel (menu items will be listed), Costume party at the hotel, and tons of raffle prizes!

This years costume party theme is Medieval Fantasy. This theme encompasses anything from the time period as well as fantasy characters. Such as but not limited to wizards, warriors, dragons, demons, pixies, elves, maiden wenches, princesses, queens, kings, and witches. You can also draw inspiration from such movies as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Willow, Conan, Clash of the Titans, etc.

We’ve been using this region for several years. We’ve tried different things to do, different places to hangout, and different places to eat. Some experiences weren’t that great but others were truly memorable. Id like to think this year is the best of the best. The coordinators of this event have chosen to utilize the best establishments we’ve utilized over the course of 4 years. 3SNJ and 3SNY has dedicated a lot of time and resources to make this the most unique 3S meet you’ll ever attend. We’ll be posting a chronological itinerary once prices and reservations are confirmed.

As always, your registration fees will pay for:
Courtesy / Party Room
Refreshments & Snacks for the duration of the event.
* Lunch @ the car show
* Catered dinner @ hotel
* Car wash supplies
* Miscellaneous expenditures to run the event.
Price: TBA

Optional fees:
2 Hour Lazy river tubing @ Tubby Tubes Co.
Buttermilk Float lazy river tubing 2hr. round trip: Includes tube, lifejacket guide and bus shuttle Trip Times - 10:30am, 1pm & 3:30pm. Trip times and lengths may vary based on river and weather conditions.
Prices: TBA
2 Hour Luncheon Cruise & Tour at Lake George
12 Noon Sailing (Boarding 11 AM) SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Prices: TBA

Caravan Info:
Wednesday Night: To be lead by Justin Lim. Meet @ Plattekill Travel Plaza 9:30pm
Thursday Night: TBA

Hotel Info:
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn which is on 205 Wolf Rd. in Albany, NY. This has been the official NEG hotel for several years and it has never let us down. Parking for the NEG registrants will be in a closed off section of the parking lot. The hotel has also agreed to allow us the use of their spigot to wash our cars (no need to go to a car wash). As far as amenities are concerned the hotel has its own restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It also has a martini bar, indoor & outdoor pool, gym, game room, and wifi throughout the hotel.
Standard Room rate: $119.00 per night
Suite Room rate: $129.00 per night

Car Show Categories (tentative and subject to change):
Best 3000GT Overall
Best Stealth Overall
Peoples Choice (Most points)
Cleanest Overall
Most Unique
Best In Car Entertainment
Best Interior

Itinerary (subject to change):

Wednesday:
* Caravan to hotel for early arrivers

Thursday:
* Breakfast
* Luncheon Boat Cruise @ Lake George on LAC du Saint Sacrement (http://www.lakegeorgesteamboat.com/index.asp?lg=1&w=pages&r=13&pid=14)
* Explore Albany nightlife & club scene
* Caravan for Thursday night travelers.

Friday:
* Breakfast
* Event Registration / Sign In
* Tubing at the Tubby Tubing Company (http://www.tubbytubestubing.com/)
* Late Lunch @ Longhorn Pub & Restaurant
* Scenic cruise along Route 9N
* Free time to detail & wash cars, have dinner, etc.

Saturday
* Breakfast
* Cruise to Lake George
* Car show on Prospect Mountain
* Voting & Lunch on the mountain
* Photos along the ridge of Prospect Mountain
* Short cruise through Lake George
* Catered Dinner and award ceremony @ hotel
* Raffle Drawing
* Costume Party

Sunday
* Breakfast @ Cracker Barrel
* Group photos in Albany

91STT
05-28-2012, 11:33 PM
(May 29th): Luncheon Boat Cruise UPDATE:
Fatimah from 3SNY was able to secure us a group rate of $29.80 per person. This price will include food items such as:

*Soup du Jour
*Tossed Garden Salad
*Assorted Salads
*Tomato & Cucumber Trays
* Fresh Baked Rolls with Butter
* Two Hot Entrees (Chef's Choice)
* One Vegetarian Entree (Chef's Choice)
* Freshly Carved Deli Sandwiches with choice of Ham, Beef or Turkey
* Assorted Breads
* Assorted Cheeses
* Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea
* Dessert

This price also includes: tax, gratuity, and a 2 hour boat cruise on a 3 level climate controlled boat with a cocktail lounge on the 3rd floor.

~~>>> We need 20 people to get this rate and we need to have the money before June 15th. These spots fill up fast and there will be no exceptions (its not up to the event committee, its just what it is). <<~~~ (May 29th)

CoreyB
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Why no hype in this thread? I am planning on going!!!

91STT
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
sorry ithas been kind of dead here as of late
you will not regret attending; it is always a blast
something funnyalways happens that becomes lore for all time :)

CoreyB
07-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Can I just show up and pay when I get there? Going to bring my wife and 6 year old daughter.

91STT
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
please contract Justin from 3SNY, his email address is at the bottom of the NEG website
I'm on vacation & the connection out here is really bad
he can give you additional info

atarirx
08-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Hey Corey, I'll be there with my kids too. If you stay at the Holiday Inn there is a real nice indoor pool there.
Alan, you bringing any of your clan along this year?

Valhallaz
08-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Justin doesn't appear to be answering his mail... Anyone know what time the group is leaving the hotel saturday morning for the Lake George run?

atarirx
08-05-2012, 09:05 PM
They usually plan to leave around 10am but don't actually get on the road till noon or later.

91STT
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey Corey, I'll be there with my kids too. If you stay at the Holiday Inn there is a real nice indoor pool there.
Alan, you bringing any of your clan along this year?

my little one is going this year

91STT
08-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Justin doesn't appear to be answering his mail... Anyone know what time the group is leaving the hotel saturday morning for the Lake George run?

you should meet up with us at the hotel 9:30 or so, that way you can cruisewith us

CoreyB
08-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I still might go, but I want to just show up and pay my way then.

Valhallaz
08-05-2012, 11:47 PM
you should meet up with us at the hotel 9:30 or so, that way you can cruisewith us

Unless disaster strikes, that's my plan. We'll aim for 9 or so, then play it by ear...

Come, Corey

atarirx
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh no, I hope disaster didn't strike! Too bad you didn't make it, it was a great turnout this year.

CoreyB
08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I got scared off by the rain, and had a lot to do anyway. Post up some pics if you have them!!!

atarirx
08-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Didn't take too many pics, but here are a couple...

atarirx
08-22-2012, 11:24 PM

91STT
08-22-2012, 11:43 PM
they all look like your cars
:suspect:

CoreyB
08-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Love the blue!!

atarirx
08-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks Corey, I'm a fan of the blue one too. :bigthumb:
Here are a few more, some of which don't belong to me or a member of my family. (Happy now Alan?) :p

91STT
08-25-2012, 03:19 AM
nice pics Kevin, thanks