PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy- Billet Aluminum Front Strut Covers (like OEM ECS)

dbest671
05-23-2012, 02:15 PM
ONE WEEK ONLY RUN ON THIS GROUP BUY After one week, I will start collecting deposits. I can either invoice you through PayPal, or you can send the payment yourself through PayPal.

I got in contact with a well known company in the Mopar world (they are officially licensed with Mopar Performance) to have some Billet Aluminum Strut Covers (front only) made. The design replicates ECS strut covers (minus writing and the connector holders). I know they will fit 91-95 cars with ECS (there will be a notch to accommodate the ECS wiring harness) But I don't see why they wouldn't fit the 91-99 Non ECS struts, since the strut towers and mounting points are the same.

Price does NOT include shipping.

2-5 sets- $280/set ($58 deposit)
6-10 sets- $240 ($50 deposit)
11-15 sets- $220 ($45.60 deposit)
16-20 sets or more- $200 ($41.50 deposit)

I will be collecting the money for the deposits and final payment. Final payment will have to be made prior to shipping (to me).

The covers will be shipped to me first and then I will ship to you. So, the final payment will have the shipping price included.

Time Frame is about 6 weeks.

This will be the only group buy on these. I am not making any money. The price I quoted is the price the company quoted. I did, however, add in the paypal fees in the deposit and will do so on the final payment. I'm not willing to lose money either.

Also, I may offer a polishing service to these at an extra cost. I will have to see the time it takes a to polish before setting a price though.

1. dbest671

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE

Von's (xwire) Car. The design of the caps will be very similar

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/hoopb23/Internet%20Firefox%20downloads/75c657fb-1.jpg

niterydr
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
If we can break the 16 set barrier, I am in.

Jimvr4
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I was wondering about strain relief for the wiring. The stock design bracket has a tab that holds the connector. I don't think your design would have a tab since the aluminum would have to be rather thin. It may be possible to use some kind of grommet to fill the notch and provide strain relief. What will the shape of the notch be and what dimensions?

I like the fact that these would prevent accidental damage of the ECS connectors from your mechanic leaning on them while working in the engine bay. Also gets rid of a big ugly piece of rubber that can't be polished or chromed :D

dbest671
05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
The notch will be big enough for a braided wire loom, or the plastic wire loom... just like the picture in the first post.