PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Known faults with AEM S2

Tigchamp
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
After much testing I have finaly found that the reason I dont have a firing cylinder #4 is that pin 91 is not firing my 8 channel CDI & Cops.
I have heard that there have been problems with the AEM series 2 that have been sorted out with a firmware upgrade, is this one of them?
My AEM S2 is REV:B, MODS:C
Jeff:coo3l:

Intropy
05-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't use sequential ignition myself but that should work. Dumb question but are coils 1-6 marked active, the "paired" coils (B-coils) are all off, and coil phasing is correct? This is all on the Coils tab.

If that looks OK then I'd contact AEM about it. It would be nice to just try a different pin, but I don't think you can without swapping a jumper on the board as I don't think they counted on anyone running more that 6 cylinders on this application. :)

Intropy
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh, one thing you could do is just swap, say, coils 4 & 5 (OMG be sure to change the phasing if you do this, I am not responsible, lol) and see if the same cylinder gives you trouble or not.

Tigchamp
05-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh, one thing you could do is just swap, say, coils 4 & 5 (OMG be sure to change the phasing if you do this, I am not responsible, lol) and see if the same cylinder gives you trouble or not.

Already done so Matey, it is definately pin 91 not giving the ground signal.
Jeff

Tigchamp
05-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't use sequential ignition myself but that should work. Dumb question but are coils 1-6 marked active, the "paired" coils (B-coils) are all off, and coil phasing is correct? This is all on the Coils tab.

If that looks OK then I'd contact AEM about it. It would be nice to just try a different pin, but I don't think you can without swapping a jumper on the board as I don't think they counted on anyone running more that 6 cylinders on this application. :)

Sorry jumped to last post for your answer,LOL.
Yep as above all ok, I can get a signal from pin 81 which is the original coil 3 which has strangely been moved from 81 to 11.
Jeff

Intropy
05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Sounds like you covered all your bases; I'd contact AEM. The one time I had an issue they were really helpful with a quick turnaround.

Tigchamp
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you covered all your bases; I'd contact AEM. The one time I had an issue they were really helpful with a quick turnaround.

Yeah, probably quite easy when you live in the US, not the UK.
I have posted a question on the AEM forum but I wont hold my breath for an answer.
I would be quite happy to open it up & change a jumper but they are unlikely to tell me which one.
Jeff

Intropy
05-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Definitely give them a call at the tech support #. AEM forum will be worthless for you.