PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Alan

93STLTH
09-11-2010, 12:40 AM
For including this here. I've given up on trying to run the WCNC anymore. With the resistance I get from from a certain site admin, the event is no longer a possibility.
It's a shame, even though it was a small time event, being in Vegas made it a lot of fun.

Alan92RTTT
09-11-2010, 01:31 AM
maybe support here is all you need to get it rolling ;)

ntcmpjg
09-11-2010, 11:16 AM
lets bring it back tom. I drove from KS to be at the last one

mikeyVR4
09-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Im down!

93STLTH
09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Well, not this year, for sure. We'll have to see if it can be brought back from the dead in the future. Without Jojo's help, it'll be tough.

Atrosity
09-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah it is a real sham and with out the support of socal3s, it was really hard to get a west coast gathering going. It then turned into a Socal3S Gathering that which I had to put a certain logo on my flier or my thread would have not been posted on socal.

The socal3s gathering should be really good this year but let me know if you need help tom for the future events, I am more then willing to donate my time to make it a great event.

Alan92RTTT
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Part of the goal of this site is to help the 3S events.

If you setup a new WCNC and their is money available 3sgto will be glad to be a sponsor.

tazman
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I think Vegas is a great venue, and although I only went to the first one (due to deployments), I'd attend a future event.

mikeyVR4
09-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I think Vegas is a great venue, and although I only went to the first one (due to deployments), I'd attend a future event.

Las Vegas would be really tight! I will also donate money to have it there. It is close for Cali members, AZ members, Nevada members, Utah members and so on.

I think its a perfect destination and is right in the heart of the west coast.

Atrosity
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Las Vegas would be really tight! I will also donate money to have it there. It is close for Cali members, AZ members, Nevada members, Utah members and so on.

Yeah but people need to actually help contribute to get the event to be possible. We had lack of interest in the event for this year. Not allowing to post about it on socal3s really hurts like a mofo.

tazman
09-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I didn't see much of a push for it on NorCal3S...

skater334
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I was supposed to go in '08 but the clutch went out the weekend before. Tom, I know someone over at TEIN and Discount Tire if you want me to give them a call.

Atrosity
09-18-2010, 11:12 PM
I didn't see much of a push for it on NorCal3S...

At the time it was posted, kawaiilaosboy informed me that he was taking care of norcal3s.

CoopKill
09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I am sure there are some of us in WA, OR, that would trip it.

R/T93
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I would!

91stealthrt2
09-19-2010, 11:37 PM
subscribing!

mh3kgt
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I'd be down to meet up in vegas. It's only about a 7hr drive from me lol

MK_94_3000GT
09-23-2010, 01:29 PM
My love for the west coast and driving there totally means I would road trip it to Vegas. I'd prob make more of a vacation out of it and stop in Cali, but I'd be down

Polygon
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
I live a mere five hours away from Vegas. I wanted to go in the past but couldn't because of health reasons. I'm all for this and I would go if this started up again. I know a few other members that would as well.

mikeyVR4
09-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah I am serious about Las Vegas but not for Indiana. I saw your post Polygon on 3si about Indiana but it seems really silly to me to travel that far for a car gathering...

ABattaglia
10-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I think my jalopy would make it the ten hours to Vegas. Lets make this happen for next year.

ntcmpjg
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
hell yea next year I will be home lets get it done Tom. Maybe your best friend bill might make it to it haha. We miss you on socal tom a lot.

93STLTH
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
hell yea next year I will be home lets get it done Tom. Maybe your best friend bill might make it to it haha. We miss you on socal tom a lot.

He was notified a couple of years ago that he and Deftracing would not be welcome at any future WCNC's.

Ondonti
10-23-2010, 08:48 AM

Only one of those states is even on the coast. Thats like having a meet in Alabama and calling it the East Coast meet. Nobody would ever go for that. Ever. But hey, east coast guys are "awesome" like that.

93STLTH
10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
The name was thought up by someone who was supposed to be the primary sponsor and organizer. By the time he dropped out, flyers and t-shirts had already been done, so the name sticked. I don't want to change it because there is some recognition when someone mentions WCNC. If it makes you feel better, you can think of it as "West of Colorado National Convention" :-D

cjbyron
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds good from here in WA. I'm down to make it out next fall. And I'm sure other NW3S people would be in for it too.

3000GTPro
11-15-2010, 02:55 AM
I totally would have been up for it this year if I had money, and I think I speak for a number of people on norcal3s about this. Some of us are having trouble this year, and several people have been caught up in hit and runs (not their fault). I still have good memories of it in...08 I think it was? Was just too bad that most of the socal3s crew didn't show like they did the year before. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. So I would definitely make time for it if I have the chance.

-dLs-
11-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Tom you know you have my backing and support and raleighs ability to tow people home. =] Lets open a can of whoopass for 2011?

-dLs-

MaxClass
12-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Just found this part of the site and, well I couldn't agree more with Las Vegas for the gathering. The fact that I live here doesn't sway me in the least, yea right.

I would be willing to act as a sort of liaison here for the transfer of information. I work 8 hours a day driving on the Fabulous Las Vegas Strip and I know it inside out so if there are any questions that need answering I could probably find the answers to them. Plus anything that might need to be checked out physically would be quite easy for me.

I have never been involved in a event like this so I have no idea of the logistics involved but would be willing to offer some of my time if that would help.

What sort of location would be needed?
How many cars might be arriving?
Special room rates looked for depending on where parking for however many vehicles are needed and where.

Just PM me if I can be of help. There are also several other local guys here who may also be of help but I won't speak for them here.

93STLTH
12-16-2010, 09:49 PM
We've done 3 WCNC's in Vegas already, so the ground work is already there. The stumbling block has always been the track. We need a good contact for the LVMS so we can get some time on the drag strip. They're not the best at accommodating smaller groups. Midnight madness at LVMS is a clusterfuck, so we've had our best events when we were able to hook up with a group that already had the strip booked.

DuTTch
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Tom you got our support. We have always put personal money into the TX gathering so donating some money to this is cool with us too. Plus we have a two car car trailer too-always good to have! Vegas works for us!

When r we gonna have a beer and do some brain storming?

Asclep
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
I would be up for a Vegas gathering! I would be ok with chipping in some money to help cover costs.

p.s. Hi Duttch!

familyMAN
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Any updates?

DuTTch
10-22-2011, 11:07 PM
yeah was with tom at a carshow today and he had to move thats why it got delayed