PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Redudancy

Vishnu
09-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Is there any way to archive all our old posts from the previous site and possibly dump it into a storage forum on this site? That way we can still search through all the old posts which were originally ours to begin with anyways, before posting our issues/help writeups.

David Trife
09-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that would be cool. There is a lot of great info over there.

impulsive6791
09-11-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm sure that AutoForum would probably have something to say about that. I do agree that this would be nice but probably not going to happen. However, if some people started copying the write ups that might help. But I would wait till we knew for sure if we could get the info transfered.

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah that would be cool but I don't think that it could be done without any kind of drama between here and 3si....they may sic the lawyers on him for that unfortunately. All new info will have to be built up I guess which sucks but hey it's a fresh start. Eventually the mods will stop blocking links to here and the world circling 3000gt will be peaceful again.

Alan92RTTT
09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
While anything I did could cause issues. So thats not happening.

If you posted something that you think is of value copy and paste it here.

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 01:11 AM
There ya go. Technically you could take anything you said I guess too Alan. They were just forum posts after all and they don't own the rights to everything you said do they? They didn't say anything like that in any disclaimer did they?

Geordon
09-11-2010, 12:57 PM
I was thinking about that as well. I would agree that individual posters should be able to copy their own posts and repost here. However, I am now sure how to put that information into this site, without mixing it with new posts. Maybe an "archive" section, as mentioned by the OP could be used for people to post their original thread.