PDA

View Full Version : please don't post on 3si about this.

Alan92RTTT
09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I need to keep lines open for NG stuff.

Just in case.

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 12:37 AM
no problemo

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Too late. Someone already has

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 12:45 AM
well damn that didn't take long

Looks like the 3si mods are doing everything they can to delete any links related to here as well. I guess they don't realize that everybody had emails sent to them outside of the website.

Mitoska
09-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Just wondering did Alan email every user of 3si? What is that like 50,000+ people, or were the emails from somewhere else?

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Just wondering did Alan email every user of 3si? What is that like 50,000+ people, or were the emails from somewhere else?

It was from Alan

Alan92RTTT
09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
NG email database(ng registrations and calendar voting and from when I had the 3SI database local(several years ago)

Tool Man
Maybe should have put the "please don't post about this" in the email. Might have taken at least another 30 minutes to pop up over there :D

Alan92RTTT
People posting on 3si risk getting banned so don't do it for your sake.

blindmist
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Are you fucking serious? Time to take 3si down. Oh such a sad sad day. I had a good tutorial on there.

awdonly
No way to keep this big of news under wraps for long.

Alan92RTTT
It did take and hour or so.

Can you get a smaller sig image? The resize seems to not be working correctly.

Alan92RTTT
Are you fucking serious? Time to take 3si down. Oh such a sad sad day. I had a good tutorial on there.
repost it here.

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't mind hijacking the shit out of 3si if no one here minds me and a friend destroying it for a few hours.

blindmist
09-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Go for it.

David Trife

Who has been banned over there so far?

Tool Man
It did take and hour or so.

Can you get a smaller sig image? The resize seems to not be working correctly.

I'll just kill it for now and put a new one up later.

Bilz12
09-11-2010, 01:02 AM
why are you guys planning on "destroyign 3si"... its been around forever and still has a ton of useful information for people to use.. it was bought by a larger corp that screwed it up.. but the community is still there, I however am going to stay a member on both sites (here and 3si) this can be a really great thing for the platform, you dont need to ruin something that has been there for years...

Trevor

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
why are you guys planning on "destroyign 3si"... its been around forever and still has a ton of useful information for people to use.. it was bought by a larger corp that screwed it up.. but the community is still there, I however am going to stay a member on both sites (here and 3si) this can be a really great thing for the platform, you dont need to ruin something that has been there for years...

Trevor

Not destroy, just screw with for awhile. Maybe they'll sell it to someone like Alan that will give a shit. Plus it'll be cheap if it's worn down to shit.

awdonly
09-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Unless you have some way to preserve the content, losing all the historic info and great posts at 3si would be a real waste. I plan to maintain both.

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah I agree with Bilz on this. I think having a few different locations for people to post about these vehicles can benefit everybody. While each site may have information that is valuable to everybody one may have info the other doesn't. 3si has years worth of information that people can cycle through. This website/forum will have to get more of a following to be able to compare with it(although I am liking this one a bit more now mind you.) I don't think there is any need for destroying anything. Also...posting that you are going to do it and actually doing it kinda leads back to you and makes the site look bad in just the few hours it's been up. Let's try to be better than that guys.

x2xtreme360
09-11-2010, 01:10 AM
I've partaken in the thread about this site... but no one has been banned as of yet. I will be quite angry if I do get banned. That's quite ridiculous.

Bilz12
09-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Not destroy, just screw with for awhile. Maybe they'll sell it to someone like Alan that will give a shit. Plus it'll be cheap if it's worn down to shit.

why would alan buy it... he has this. and "gives a shit" about this and the community. just leave 3si alone.. whats the point.. seriously just cutting off information for other people...
the presence of this website is already going to be enough to stir the pot, the community as a whole does not need any other disruptions, on top of that if your going to fuck with 3si you dont think some members wont try to fuck with this forum..

Trevor

pezcore
09-11-2010, 01:13 AM
There is no reason or need to attack or annoy 3Si. Get the information that you need and leave it at that. Let's be adults about this.

n2nsanity
09-11-2010, 01:14 AM
they did the same thing with 3sforums.com
unless you put dashes or other characters in the middle of it, it was automatically replaced by 3si.org/forum
even in pm's. thats worse than censorship, not too far from slander either. isn't illegal to replace someone's words?
anyway, since then, i don't spend too much time on there.

how are there already 200 members? i just got the message like an hour ago.

Alan92RTTT
09-11-2010, 01:16 AM
200 members in a few hours = the db errors were seeing

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I've partaken in the thread about this site... but no one has been banned as of yet. I will be quite angry if I do get banned. That's quite ridiculous.
That would be pretty Nazi-ish if they did ban for it.

why would alan buy it... he has this. and "gives a shit" about this and the community. just leave 3si alone.. whats the point.. seriously just cutting off information for other people...
the presence of this website is already going to be enough to stir the pot, the community as a whole does not need any other disruptions, on top of that if your going to fuck with 3si you dont think some members wont try to fuck with this forum..

Trevor

All I did was ask, haven't fucked with it yet. I do agree the info there would be a waste if lost. But I don't think it would be that long before it was here. Also, why couldn't members transfer some stuff here? Green Lantern already has a big thread about his awd conversion. So why open a new forum if not to make the old one regret being assholes?

Tool Man
Unlike other forums though, this one can and more than likely be a real threat to 3SI activity.

PsykoGamer
how are there already 200 members? i just got the message like an hour ago.

I got my email a few hours ago and came right over. Maybe your email lagged in receiving it. Pretty crazy so far huh?

blindmist
09-11-2010, 01:21 AM
I am sorry, but censorship is a step too far. No one should be censored unless they are being an ass.

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 01:21 AM
oh and btw they just took down the posting about this site on 3si. I guess they must really be upset. I think a couple of people are still stirring the pot though so I guess we'll have to see how that turns out.

Yeah blind...they are kind of taking their censorship of other sites a little too seriously there and in some cases more people will post their voice about what is going on.

Gnatsplat
09-11-2010, 01:32 AM
oh and btw they just took down the posting about this site on 3si. I guess they must really be upset. I think a couple of people are still stirring the pot though so I guess we'll have to see how that turns out.

Yeah blind...they are kind of taking their censorship of other sites a little too seriously there and in some cases more people will post their voice about what is going on.

That was my thread. I took it down because I didn't see the sticky on this site.

x2xtreme360
09-11-2010, 01:33 AM
That was my thread. I took it down because I didn't see the sticky on this site.

That was a really good thing of you to do.

n2nsanity
09-11-2010, 01:43 AM

lol, at least they didn't beat you to it. i'm sure there will be spies here in no time tho. have their hands in everything

PsykoGamer
09-11-2010, 01:49 AM
glad to see that you did gnat :). I'm glad there are some good posters that respect what others ask without question.

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 01:52 AM
It's kinda funny now everyone is newbs.

Gnatsplat
09-11-2010, 01:53 AM
glad to see that you did gnat :). I'm glad there are some good posters that respect what others ask without question.

After all that Alan has done, the least any of us can do is respect his wishes.

NickS VR4
09-11-2010, 02:05 AM
And now someone posted the entire email on the site, which Nadeem is reading right now.

marshallh
09-11-2010, 02:08 AM
It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. It's evident that quite a bit of planning has been put in on Alan's part, and I hope for the best.

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 02:11 AM
And now someone posted the entire email on the site, which Nadeem is reading right now.

I think the cat is out of the bag now to autoforum. What can they do about it?

NickS VR4
09-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Anything they do is only going to dig them deeper into the crap they are already in. By censoring and forbidding this site, it just makes people dislike them, and more interested in this site. Had they just let it go, they would have been better off.

DocWalt
09-11-2010, 02:15 AM
This... is going to end up interestingly.

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 02:19 AM
It's really interesting seeing how many people have joined here and how quickly

Zentelis
09-11-2010, 02:22 AM
It's really interesting seeing how many people have joined here and how quickly

And we're just the losers with no friday night life..imagine the flood when everyone else gets home =)

x2xtreme360
09-11-2010, 02:23 AM
To the guys who will remain nameless that are posting a LOT of NWS content in the general section if 3si just to piss them off, you guys are fucking immature and just need to stop. Just let the site fall apart on its own... or let it prosper some more. If you don't like 3si, don't go there. You're not going to do anything for the reputation of this NEW forum.

vr4gto
09-11-2010, 02:26 AM
And we're just the losers with no friday night life..imagine the flood when everyone else gets home =)

Kids kinda do that for ya

Zentelis
09-11-2010, 02:29 AM

ok..so you have a valid excuse.... :D

David Trife
09-11-2010, 02:30 AM

Yep, at least I can go to sleep now. The baby is out for the count.

Stegmann
09-11-2010, 02:35 AM
3si will probably just end up becoming the 3s kiddy pool / a reference manual.

Skip the drama, everybody is winning here.

ichihollow
09-11-2010, 02:43 AM
To the guys who will remain nameless that are posting a LOT of NWS content in the general section if 3si just to piss them off, you guys are fucking immature and just need to stop. Just let the site fall apart on its own... or let it prosper some more. If you don't like 3si, don't go there. You're not going to do anything for the reputation of this NEW forum.

should i have made a reference to this site in my posts there, oh wait i didn't, so my motivation for posting that over there, wasn't to improve the reputation of this site was it.

3si will probably just end up becoming the 3s kiddy pool / a reference manual.

Skip the drama, everybody is winning here.

This, what happens there should be left there, and x2xtreme360 wouldn't the better way of handling this have been a PM on there or here, rather then trying to come at us publicly, you're only making us more notorious, not discouraging us. just saying.

x2xtreme360
09-11-2010, 02:48 AM
should i have made a reference to this site in my posts there, oh wait i didn't, so my motivation for posting that over there, wasn't to improve the reputation of this site was it.

This, what happens there should be left there, and x2xtreme360 wouldn't the better way of handling this have been a PM on there or here, rather then trying to come at us publicly, you're only making us more notorious, not discouraging us. just saying.

That's how immature idiots act. Did I state your name in my post? No. Don't attempt to feed me any crap about not mentioning the site. Pretty sure everyone knows why you're doing it. I've chose not to reply to any of those threads over there because 3si and 3sgto are two different places. Do you go to SupraForums posting a bunch of nudes because you hate Supra's (maybe you don't, idk)? Don't forget, there's thousands of members over there who aren't trying to get fired from their jobs for having a bunch of nudes pop up on their screen... you're not hurting the admins. You're hurting fellow members.

Alan92RTTT
09-11-2010, 03:01 AM
lets not argue. 3si has served us for a long time. Please do not cause trouble there.

If you don't want to use it don't.

Their are many things a corporation can do to me to be annoying and I don't have the time or money to deal with it if they should.