PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants to get this >>>>what do you think????

Roybatty
02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
2012 Nissan Rogue Crossover | Nissan USA (http://www.nissanusa.com/rogue/)

of course its the SV with SL package.

Turbo Beast
02-13-2012, 09:03 PM
No, she needs this:
http://www.truckworld.com/articleImages/28442_t.jpg

Its still a Nissan and a 4-door and you put LOTS of groceries in the back

Roybatty
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
No, she needs this:
http://www.truckworld.com/articleImages/28442_t.jpg

Its still a Nissan and a 4-door and you put LOTS of groceries in the back LOL

:lol: Would love to get something like that ... prolly further down the road.

Yep...she likes the Rogue, it'lll be her DD. Shuffling kids and possibly hour one way daily commutes...depending on her work. The market for these compact SUVs is pretty saturated. Just wanted to tap others with any experience in this market. Also, have some relatives that worked @ Chrysler so I can get the employee discount...but of course having a hard time finding something comparable that she likes.

I am doing research...but the wife is in love with the frost blue or black amythest color and the parking assist on te Rogue.

Turbo Beast
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Ive had lots of good experience with the Toyota Rav4's and 4runners. Also a friend of mine has a Tahoe thats pretty nice, without problems

BaadVR4
02-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Excuse me... What part of "wife" and "wants" IN THE SAME SENTENCE do you not understand? Just sayin'. LOL.

ntcmpjg
02-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Me and my wife looked at the rouge she liked the way it drove just a little small on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roybatty
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Ive had lots of good experience with the Toyota Rav4's and 4runners. Also a friend of mine has a Tahoe thats pretty nice, without problems

Will check out Rav4 this weekend...looking for something more that size than the Tahoe...mileage and size are important.

Excuse me... What part of "wife" and "wants" IN THE SAME SENTENCE do you not understand? Just sayin'. LOL.

LOL...spoken like a true married man. You are absolutely correct...but she is such an impulse buyer. Fell in love with this vehicle...without comparing to anything else...for the reasons stated above. :sigh:

Me and my wife looked at the rouge she liked the way it drove just a little small on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These Nissan people have pretty good marketing...they got it set up so chicks like it...I don't know how, the colors or something equally subtle. Women love the rogue. The engine is said to be undersized and drive train can be whiny....she don't care about that.

UTRacerX9
02-14-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd have her test drive a Murano, lots more bang for the buck IMO.

BaadVR4
02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Of course, MY wife just bought three TT cars, 92 and 93 Stealths and a 94 VR4 and a garage full of spare parts. None of them run. Something about how I could fix them...... and put the drivetrain from her 95 VR4 (yep, Jan COTM) in the 93 Stealth .....etc.... etc ..... etc............. etc....................

arm0red1
02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
hahaha crossovers. The NEW minivan...

Roybatty
02-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I'd have her test drive a Murano, lots more bang for the buck IMO.

Yes, we drove it. Its nice but a little larger than she wanted :dontknow2:

Of course, MY wife just bought three TT cars, 92 and 93 Stealths and a 94 VR4 and a garage full of spare parts. None of them run. Something about how I could fix them...... and put the drivetrain from her 95 VR4 (yep, Jan COTM) in the 93 Stealth .....etc.... etc ..... etc............. etc.................... I saw that thread! They are ALL crazy! GL with the builds and congrats on COTM win. And like you...we went with what she wanted :whip2:mussst keep da women happy.

hahaha crossovers. The NEW minivan...

LOL this probably more true than I realize...

Nissan was/is running a very good deal this month. They had/have a 0.9% for 72 months with nothing down. We compared to Chevy Equinox and a couple others in class, but nothing came close to the monthly payments. I have to trade the 1994 G20 Chevy Custom van in, will miss her, my third vehicle...but insurance wise $$$ it made sense. If the stealth goes down I may need to rent a vehicle for a bit..would still be cheaper unless I rented for weeks at a time. Pick it up tomorrow. :hurray:
Very relieved to finally choose something...car shopping sux almost as bad as houses.