PDA

View Full Version : Gun nuts/ Hunters, please advise!

Turbo Beast
02-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I just purchased my first brand-new rifle for hunting (mostly deer, sometime predators or pests)
Its the new Browning X-Bolt, in 300 Winmag caliber.

Now, i want to pair this rifle up with a scope and i found scopes to be ALOT cheaper on ebay. Im looking for either a Nikon Monarch scope or a Leopold in similar configuration.
A 3-12(or higher)X50 would be perfect.

Does anybody have experience with buying a scope of ebay? I know about all the horror stories, but id be paying stupid money at any gunplace. Where else could i look?
Maybe big chain stores like Academy, Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's? Any advice on that?

The scopes both come with lifetime warranties, this should be there when buying the real deal of ebay. I do NOT want a used scope.

Random picture, but it looks exactly the same:
http://sporteque.ca/img/p/707-821-thickbox.jpg

onebadmollafolla
02-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I just purchased my first brand-new rifle for hunting (mostly deer, sometime predators or pests)
Its the new Browning X-Bolt, in 300 Winmag caliber.

Now, i want to pair this rifle up with a scope and i found scopes to be ALOT cheaper on ebay. Im looking for either a Nikon Monarch scope or a Leopold in similar configuration.
A 3-12(or higher)X50 would be perfect.

Does anybody have experience with buying a scope of ebay? I know about all the horror stories, but id be paying stupid money at any gunplace. Where else could i look?
Maybe big chain stores like Academy, Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's? Any advice on that?

The scopes both come with lifetime warranties, this should be there when buying the real deal of ebay. I do NOT want a used scope.

Random picture, but it looks exactly the same:
http://sporteque.ca/img/p/707-821-thickbox.jpg

You can get decent scopes off of ebay, but the same principles apply as far as general quality goes. If you're look for more specific advice on your particular area and exactly what you'll be doing, I'd talk to dedicated gun shop before I would a chain. Their employees tend to be much more knowledgeable and will take the time to go over specific scopes with you.