PDA

View Full Version : Who rebuilt your ECU and would you recommend them?

thor'svr4
01-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I hate admitting defeat and allowing someone else to work on my car but I'm not a computer type of guy and cant do it myself.

I used AV Pro in the past, but there work was sub-par (even to the untrained eye) and it took two rebuilds, many phone calls, and more hassle than it should have to simply have two capacitors replaced. Plus about 3 years later there rebuilt ecu died again.

Has anyone had any experience with mitsu-ecu? They seam to have good pricing and claim to only work on 3S ecus so I kinda trust them a lot more than a general ecu shop that works on a bunch of different ecus....

oh and the ECS in my car is unplugged and the IAC is fairly new. So i'm pretty sure the issue isn't caused by either of those.

Ideas/suggestions/comments?

green-lantern
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Jeff V (gatecrasher) or Antero (blackstealth) you could ask them.

nodoze
01-28-2012, 09:08 PM
dont know if hes active on her but he is on 3si , his name on their is lethalvr4 names john he does very good work

RealMcCoy
01-28-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't know if he's active here, but Eric Rymer does a great job with them.... I have a local guy I use a lot. He does all our shop's instrument clusters, anti lock modules, and any random electronic stuff we need done. He does great work, but when we get a problematic Mitsu ECU that is kicking his butt, he would rather not charge me and bail, than spend countless hours trying to chase down the problem. Eric has constructed a simulator, and has educated himself quite well on the workings of our ECU's. He has been able fix several units that my local guy bailed on... Last week I shipped him a box of 6 ECU's, two TCU's, and several ECS computers...

Eric's username on the Forums I see him frequent is rymer21280. I'll go check and see if he's on here, if not, I'll give him a shove this way... :D

mb3000
01-28-2012, 11:21 PM
I would also recommend Rymer. Best option out there and a great price.

DrGonzo
01-29-2012, 01:40 AM
I also recommend Rymer. He does great work and turn around is really fast.

a2j
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I would also recommend Rymer. Best option out there and a great price.

this.

j2k4
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Seth did mine.

No ball-of-fire, time-wise, but excellent work.

Roybatty
01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Seth did mine.

No ball-of-fire, time-wise, but excellent work. Same experience...also had ecs done...toddrs93...auto velocity, Hagerstown MD. Good price point.

bboyalan
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I do not have any personal experience as a customer, but mine was apparently re-manufactured by an "Auto Craft Direct" in 2005. The warranty seals are still intact, and it has been a problem-free ECU for these past few years.

j2k4
01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Seth did mine.

No ball-of-fire, time-wise, but excellent work.

Same experience...also had ecs done...toddrs93...auto velocity, Hagerstown MD. Good price point.

Aye, that - the price was right.

I'd forgotten all about that, Roy. :)

blackrob
04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Any chance that the people that own this site is on here?

MITSUECU – Rebuilt Mitsubushi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth ECU/ECMs (http://www.mitsuecu.com/)

I am looking at buying an ECU to install while I have mine repaired, and then selling the one I buy. I would hate to get stuck with some crap so I'm kind of at a loss since there doesn't seem to be a consensus on here about where to get ECU work done. Any ideas?

99 vr4
04-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Well you could perform an ecu swap with a 99 style ecu...

blackrob
04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Well you could perform an ecu swap with a 99 style ecu...

Any idea where I could get one with the wiring adapter for less than $300? I'm kicking myself in the ass for not pulling the trigger on the one I found with the correct E2T number. Now the search continues.

99 vr4
04-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Any idea where I could get one with the wiring adapter for less than $300? I'm kicking myself in the ass for not pulling the trigger on the one I found with the correct E2T number. Now the search continues.

Well I have the harnesses but no ecus yet.

Don't put such an emphasis on the E2T number. That is the combination of flash and hardware. Just worry about the application or part number. After all, your going to rewrite the flash.