PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Dash issues.

TwoXist
12-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Yesterday, I changed out my old turn signal housings with clear ones from 3sx. At that time everything worked. Today I come out and my blinkers, windows, tach, oil pressure and everything else minus the gas and spedo have stopped working. The car lights themselves still turn on and the car starts. But, i am at a lose as to why something so simple may have caused this.

I have gone through and checked the simple fuses. They all appear to be fine and i think all I have left is the relays.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TwoXist
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
All is well now.

Vantage
12-18-2011, 12:45 PM
What caused the problem?

IPD
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
blown fuse? :p

TwoXist
12-19-2011, 12:33 AM
A semi blown fuse? Best way to describe it. After going through and pulling all the fuses, there was one that looked fine. I even got a green light from my tester on it. But after some time jacking about trying to sort the issue I just decided to replace every fuse regardless. Got to that last one and everything kicked back on.

Side note, I still can't think of a reason why changing out the blinker housing with new ones caused this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

IPD
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
coincidence. just happened to happen at the same time, making you think it's correlated.