PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Wheel speed sensor help!!!

$$$PIT
11-13-2011, 05:53 AM
I've been tryin' to remove mine for the past hour. I was told that all you had to do was remove the bolt and it would "pop right out". Well, mine is rusted to hell and back. Do you have to remove the caliper and rotor? I'm beginning to think that there's a clip or somethin' on the inside I wasn't told about. Anybody that has done this give me a little hint please. Thanks

Defianse
05-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm struggling with the same issue right now.

Jimvr4
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
There are no other attachment points. It just fits tightly in a hole in the knuckle. After removing the bolt you should be able to use a chisel to separate the flange from the knuckle. It should slide out once the rust is knocked loose.

Hans@GZP
05-20-2012, 11:46 AM
They all mount differently between awd and fwd... as well as front and rear. FWD fronts just have 2 12mm bolts that hold a bracket that holds the sensor. They are super easy to pop off. The AWD ones can be a bit of a problem since they get seized inside the hole often. You have to undo the 1 12mm bolt and the try turning the sensor back and forth. Sometimes you need to use a pipe wrench to get enough grip and leverage.

stealthee
05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Hans I have had the FWS ones sieze into place too on several of my parts cars. It takes a lot of wiggling and cussing to get them out.

$$$PIT
05-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm struggling with the same issue right now.

Mine was causing my ABS to act up. I finally just disconnected the ABS. I never cared for it anyway.

TUFFTR
05-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Soak in WD40, then try and tap the side of the mounting point with something like a screwdriver and a hammer on the end to dislodge it, then from the other side of the sensor, try and pivot it back, soak in more WD40, keep hitting it side to side (gently) and applying more WD40, after a while it'll penetrate through and you sould be able to get a good side to side motion going on. After that I use an incredibly thin screwdriver to get between the mating surface of the sensor, and the sensor, and try and prise it up, works for me!

Defianse
06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Great thx! I wasn't sure if twisting it side to side would damage it as the diagram in the manual looks like the sensor is keyed. I'll give this a shot.

Sent from my GT-P7500D using Tapatalk 2