PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau seat install help

B-Man
10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
I know about the issue with the seat brackets not fitting and how to fix them but I've run into another problem. After talking to a few people, I was under the impression that you can use the side-mount brackets with the mounting brackets without sliders. It appears that the wholes are not lining up between the side-mount bracket and the mounting bracket. Before I start drilling holes, I'd like to know if they are supposed to line up and/or what the spacing between the mounting holes on the sliders are.

Attached is a pic of the side-mount bracket on top of the mounting bracket.

MR2
10-04-2011, 06:36 PM
can I suggest you bring this up with Maximal.

Maximal
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Sent an e-mail to Corbeau...I'll let you know what they say Brian. Pete did the exact same thing without issue though, right?

B-Man
10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I believe either his side-mounts or seats were a different brand, but basically the same thing.

Maximal
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Looks like that is normal and they said you'll have to drill a couple holes for the mounting...

i3igpete
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
yup mine were with sparco sidemounts.

however, it does take some iteration to get the seat mounted just right. mount the base to the car, and put the sidemounts on the seat. drop the seat onto the base and get it into a comfortable position in the car. mark the holes with white out on the base and drill. more than likely, your first holes won't be perfect, just oval them out as needed and use big washers. What you want to be careful of, is make sure that the side mounts clear the trans tunnel. You will likely need to offset it slightly towards the "outside" of the car for both seats.

I didn't mock it up and test fit it first, so my first holes had the side mounts hitting the trans tunnel pretty bad. :angry2:

B-Man
10-05-2011, 07:28 PM
I didn't think the side-mounts would interfere with the tunnel. I WAS going to just going to use two holes and drill two, but if that's an issue, I'll oval one out. There are several holes to adjust the mounts forward and back, so I may still use the original holes and just oval them out until it fits.

i3igpete
10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
i think the holes for the base mount point "inwards" slightly on the car. you can't really tell until you put the base in and use a straightedge.

B-Man
10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, alright, thanks for the warning. I'll have to take some extra time in putting this in.

Do you happen to remember the thread for the bracket bolts? No big deal, but it'll save me a little running around.