PDA

View Full Version : Non-working 93 3000GT

Signorelli
09-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Just recently picked up a 3000GT that isn't running.

The guy I bought it from said it was the ECM, however there are a slew of other problems besides JUST the ECM.

As is, some idiot welded a bolt in to the crankshaft and have had the pulley hanging on with a lug nut. Currently, the only belt on the engine is the timing belt.

The engine gets no spark from the spark plug wires, is this controlled by the ECM at the start-up?

Also was wondering if any one can tell me how to tell if the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor are working properly? Or what the voltage should read from them?

I apologize for the multitude of questions, just honestly at a stand-still and unsure of where to start.

Hans@GZP
09-13-2011, 09:26 AM
The blue wires on the crank and cam angle sensors should pulse a 0-5 volt signal while the engine is cranking.

First thing to check is if the "check engine" light comes on when you first turn the key on.

dsmnoob91
09-26-2011, 09:22 PM
That has cas I thought it's a 93

green-lantern
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
As is, some idiot welded a bolt in to the crankshaft and have had the pulley hanging on with a lug nut. Currently, the only belt on the engine is the timing belt.

oh damn! I'd just go ahead and pull the engine. Maybe just try and find another to drop in it. I wonder what else you are going to run into if somebody welded the crank.

dsmnoob91
09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Your crank is welded? Post pics