PDA

View Full Version : stealth vs 3kgt reverse lights

trix
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
So uhhhh reverse lights are shit on my stealth... are the 3kgt ones any better? Or maybe there is another way to make things easier to see..?

stealthee
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
They are better with the 3000GT reverse panel, but not much. Then again I have 15% tint.

You could always do HID bulbs, or install driving lights down low on the bumper and wire them into your existing back up lights

guido1205us
09-07-2011, 10:12 PM
3000gt is brighter, better - I'm guessing because of panel though, not bulb.

trix
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Is is there slot of work involved in a 3kgt rear swap? I don't mine much but usualy when I do its at night and there's very veyr little lighting anywhere, also most driveways require you to either back out up a hill and around a corner or out onto a buisssy road all of which are narrow with posts or trees lining them...almost backed into a 6ft ditch a few days ago(they are everywhere here in between the driveways)

Which is too bad really cause I kinda like my stealth bumper...

BlackStealth
09-07-2011, 10:35 PM
The rear crash bar won't line up and will have to be drilled out and welded on again in order to do the rear bumper conversion. Personally I think putting brighter light bulbs / HID would be an easier way to go.

trix
09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Chances are a custom wide body cianci bumper would be going on if I did that

stealthee
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
The rear crash bar won't line up and will have to be drilled out and welded on again in order to do the rear bumper conversion. Personally I think putting brighter light bulbs / HID would be an easier way to go.

The crash bar sits in the same spot. Its the piece that the top flap of the bumper cover bolts to that would need relocated.

Nihil
09-08-2011, 11:04 AM
The crash bar sits in the same spot. Its the piece that the top flap of the bumper cover bolts to that would need relocated.

^^^This...

Also, the reverse lights for the stealth are 194 bulbs or 198? somethin small, while the GT is a 1156 type bulb, that added with better location make the GT a better bulb. I hate the other site, buuut....if you look up shooters 100w reverse lights thread, you'll find some vids of his reverse lights he did on someones car, he put 100w fogs in place of the stock, and new wiring, there were arguments of heat melting the housings, but, end results were fine and was pointed out, if you were driving with your reverse lights on for a long period of time, you'd have problems...but, when does that ever happen? lol

trix
09-20-2011, 10:11 PM
still needing info on 3000gt rear conversion on an r/t... wanting to put a novara bumper on the back and 3000gt lights... but what about where the r/t tail lights are? what all stuff do i need?

Nihil
09-21-2011, 01:46 AM
You need a GT bumper and complete tail light assembly, also need the bulb sockets for the reverse lights and there's only one reverse light plug, wired into the harness on the passenger side, taped up behind the removable panel, you also need the tail light harness' they unplug behind the rear quarter panels and are interchangeable, just different in that the R/T has an 1157 style bulb and a 194 style bulb and the GT has three 1157 style bulbs.

You'll have to remove the 3 spot welded supports and lower them for the GT lights and bumper and cut the extra inch off the bumper brackets and the tail light "buckets" should be cut too...you can use tin snips for this.

All in all, this takes a total of about 2-3 hours, to get everything completely changed over, and another few hours for a panel bonding adhesive to cure, if you use one.

trix
09-21-2011, 02:32 AM
meh this sounds like a job for the body shop no? esp with a cianci fibreglass bumper?

now if i cut out the tail light buckets, what do i put in their place?

IPD
09-21-2011, 02:46 AM
i refuse to help on the principle that r/t > 3kgt: stock, novara, or whatever. :p

seriously though, if you want a conversion, you should have bought it from me. i have everything in my garage.

you need:

lights
reverse panel
corner caps
bumper
taillight wiring harnesses

and as was noted, you need to lower the bumper mounts; both the center one & the sides. if you have a steel crash-bar instead of an aluminum one...now would be a good time to upgrade.

trix
09-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Ipd i havent bought any of the stuff yet for the rear conversion. I should also mention i was planning on adding cianci wide body quarters dunno if that effects this in any way. I havent really settled on a rear bumper yet.

Right now ive got the car listed for sale for 2400 on cl cause i was reallu rethinking it all. And going with with a vr-4 for my project instead. If i dont sell im just going ahead with the project on this one... and it doesnt much look like i am going to sell it

IPD
09-21-2011, 05:03 AM
cianci's widebody quarters don't effect anything on the rear. the modifications are strictly on the fender panels.