PDA

View Full Version : Gaming laptop for sale

TurboSinceBirth
09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Ended up selling it to a friend.

TurboSinceBirth
09-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I can get more pics of the computer on, etc just haven't gotten around to it. Ask me anything about the laptop. It's just collecting dust. Make me an offer.

TurboSinceBirth
09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
If I get more time this is going on eBay.

TurboSinceBirth
10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Still here. I may have a friend buying the laptop.

The Linchpin
10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
What's the lowest you could go with windows 7?

TurboSinceBirth
10-11-2011, 10:59 PM
What's the lowest you could go with windows 7?

How about $440 shipped? I will be out of town this Sat through Thurs of next week so I wouldn't be able to get it shipped out until after then. Let me know know though Joe.

TurboSinceBirth
10-14-2011, 04:21 PM
:bump:

TurboSinceBirth
10-18-2011, 02:32 AM

TurboSinceBirth
10-22-2011, 01:58 AM

Vince86
10-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I bought one of these brand new for $650 from best buy 3 years ago. My guess is if its not gone by now you will have to sell it for a lot less since its used, old, and doesnt have everything with it. Just letting ya know! good luck!

Edit: changed 2 years to 3 years since I remembered its end of 2011 haha

TurboSinceBirth
10-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I bought one of these brand new for $650 from best buy 3 years ago. My guess is if its not gone by now you will have to sell it for a lot less since its used, old, and doesnt have everything with it. Just letting ya know! good luck!

Edit: changed 2 years to 3 years since I remembered its end of 2011 haha

You didn't buy a brand new laptop from Best Buy. They were over $1k new. You may have gotten a refurb or a used return open item but they never sold them for that cheap. You could get a refurb for that price from Tiger Direct, Newegg, etc and they currently go for $650 refurbished on eBay. I realize that the used laptop market sucks. I've got a buyer at $450 right now he just doesn't have the money yet. I'll probably throw it up on eBay again.

Vince86
10-22-2011, 08:30 PM
You didn't buy a brand new laptop from Best Buy. They were over $1k new. You may have gotten a refurb or a used return open item but they never sold them for that cheap. You could get a refurb for that price from Tiger Direct, Newegg, etc and they currently go for $650 refurbished on eBay. I realize that the used laptop market sucks. I've got a buyer at $450 right now he just doesn't have the money yet. I'll probably throw it up on eBay again.

I can guarantee it was brand new. I originally purchased it online because the only store that had one left in stock was 2 hours from me in Ohio. It was $879 online on sale from $1099. it was the last of 10 in the united states among best buy. The next day I was going to cedar point and could pass right by this store so I did. When I walked in to pick it up they handed me the laptop and $229. I was certain this was a mistake and asked them why they are paying me to take a laptop haha. They said that these were a special run from hp to really see how well they would sell. Once they found out people liked them they did a huge sale to get them off the shelves to stock a new model they were going to release a month or so later. It was just my lucky day. I still use it to this day too, held out great throughout Iraq, never got any sand inside (I was extremely cautious when it came to keeping it clean)

TurboSinceBirth
10-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I can guarantee it was brand new. I originally purchased it online because the only store that had one left in stock was 2 hours from me in Ohio. It was $879 online on sale from $1099. it was the last of 10 in the united states among best buy. The next day I was going to cedar point and could pass right by this store so I did. When I walked in to pick it up they handed me the laptop and $229. I was certain this was a mistake and asked them why they are paying me to take a laptop haha. They said that these were a special run from hp to really see how well they would sell. Once they found out people liked them they did a huge sale to get them off the shelves to stock a new model they were going to release a month or so later. It was just my lucky day. I still use it to this day too, held out great throughout Iraq, never got any sand inside (I was extremely cautious when it came to keeping it clean)

You're one in a thousand then. :) The best new price I ever saw was $699 after a rebate or something like that. It has been a good laptop though. I slightly upgraded to an Asus G72GX from Best Buy's Marketplace. It was used but I got a good deal on it and haven't had any complaints since I can work on computers. Before cars I used to build computers which was a very expensive hobby when you're a kid without a job.

Vince86
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
You're one in a thousand then. :) The best new price I ever saw was $699 after a rebate or something like that. It has been a good laptop though. I slightly upgraded to an Asus G72GX from Best Buy's Marketplace. It was used but I got a good deal on it and haven't had any complaints since I can work on computers. Before cars I used to build computers which was a very expensive hobby when you're a kid without a job.
They are great laptops no doubt, will still handle any game out today. Computers and building them are very expensive. Especially when you are trying to build them to last more than 2 years. Luckily ddr3 is real cheap now even for the good stuff. When I built mine it was still expensive to get any DIMMs over 2 gigs and at 1600 MHz speeds. But I did it anyway.

with my original post I never meant to insult you about the price, (I wouldn't sell any lower than $450, it is worth at least that). Again good luck and I hope the guy who is looking at it now buys it.

TurboSinceBirth
10-23-2011, 07:24 PM
They are great laptops no doubt, will still handle any game out today. Computers and building them are very expensive. Especially when you are trying to build them to last more than 2 years. Luckily ddr3 is real cheap now even for the good stuff. When I built mine it was still expensive to get any DIMMs over 2 gigs and at 1600 MHz speeds. But I did it anyway.

with my original post I never meant to insult you about the price, (I wouldn't sell any lower than $450, it is worth at least that). Again good luck and I hope the guy who is looking at it now buys it.

No problem. It's just the economy, supply, and demand. Laptops aren't a best selling commodity right now.

TurboSinceBirth
10-29-2011, 12:05 AM

TurboSinceBirth
11-10-2011, 09:30 PM

TurboSinceBirth
11-15-2011, 11:10 PM