PDA

View Full Version : 95 stealth r/t, 99 bumper wont fit over crash bar!! help needed hurricane coming!

trix
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
so uh yeah wont fit over crash bar, the bit for the fins to connect to clears on driver side, but not passenger, some bit in the middle opening not fitting aswell... options? i still need to fit on my grille from 3sx? any idea on mounting it? just nix the crashbar?

Psychotron
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
You could get rid of the crash bar for now then order the tubular one from 3SX

Hans@GZP
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Um, the crash bar goes over the opening for where the fins attach. I think you're doing it wrong. There is no reason it shouldn't clear on a non-turbo.

green-lantern
08-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Was the car wrecked or anything like that? I think you might be getting hung up on something else not the crash bar.

BTW I'm pretty sure 3sx is out of tubular crashbars.

trix
08-25-2011, 07:05 PM
yeah one side is bent a bit, but, any ideas to mount the 3sx billet grille without it?
o gpt everything else together now

green-lantern
08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
No idea on the grille bro

stealthee
08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Do NOT remove the crash bar. That thing absorbs a shitton of impact in case of a head-on collision.

trix
09-02-2011, 10:03 PM
For the moment my stealth barely gets driven, I really need a new upper/lower radiator support and buckets. I'm thinking of maybe just trimming the crash. Bar on either side to help it fit. However when I tried putting it on before it was only hitting on one side( the side with the bent headlight bucket). It maybe just that side but I think it was also having trouble clearing the opening of the bumper due to the lower radiator support being twisted. Replacing the upper and lower support should fix this problem if I could find one complete. Doesn't help either that nothing is aligned properly. I am however going to be replacing the fenders with cianci vent and the hood with an evo 2 hood, so I guess at that point everything will be on right. This all assuming there's no nasty damage bewhind the pass side fender.

On a side note, will wide body fenders work ok with 99 front bumper?

trix
09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
For the moment my stealth barely gets driven, I really need a new upper/lower radiator support and buckets. I'm thinking of maybe just trimming the crash. Bar on either side to help it fit. However when I tried putting it on before it was only hitting on one side( the side with the bent headlight bucket). It maybe just that side but I think it was also having trouble clearing the opening of the bumper due to the lower radiator support being twisted. Replacing the upper and lower support should fix this problem if I could find one complete. Doesn't help either that nothing is aligned properly. I am however going to be replacing the fenders with cianci vent and the hood with an evo 2 hood, so I guess at that point everything will be on right. This all assuming there's no nasty damage bewhind the pass side fender.

On a side note, will wide body fenders work ok with 99 front bumper?

Chris@Rvengeperformance
09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
If oem parts don't fit, aftermarket sure wont fit.

Make the oem parts fit perfect first

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

93STLTH
09-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you need to address some other things before doing mods.
I know Gabber had to trim some of the crash bar when he mounted his '99 bumper on a 1st gen Stealth.

Hans@GZP
09-04-2011, 06:21 PM
All of the crash bars are the same. No need to do any modifications to them unless you were in an accident.

If you need a front cut, I have a few available.

trix
09-06-2011, 01:37 AM
I do need an upper lower radiator support but not yet.. let me know how much..ill hit you up when I'm ready..

I was planning on adding the wide body cianci stuff at the same time as I have the new upper lower radiator support put on and the new hood.

trix
09-06-2011, 01:37 AM
I do need an upper lower radiator support but not yet.. let me know how much..ill hit you up when I'm ready..

I was planning on adding the wide body cianci stuff at the same time as I have the new upper lower radiator support put on and the new hood.