PDA

View Full Version : Suspension VR4 Sway bars

Atrosity
09-16-2010, 12:54 PM
(of course I can search this but the site needs content)

Has anyone had any of these, and why did they stop production?

They work well for VR4s?

Tackhammer
09-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Do you mean Sanor / Quickor stopped making them?
If so, bummer.........

mjiztight2345
09-16-2010, 01:02 PM
In for response...

DanF
09-17-2010, 08:24 PM
(of course I can search this but the site needs content)

Has anyone had any of these, and why did they stop production?

They work well for VR4s?
Don't have them, but most I've seen have liked them. Probably stopped production because of a lack of demand.

As I recall, the rear bar tends to interfere with larger than stock driveshafts, like a 1 piece CFDS. I love my PST too much to go back to stock.

Fakepower
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Don't have them, but most I've seen have liked them. Probably stopped production because of a lack of demand.

As I recall, the rear bar tends to interfere with larger than stock driveshafts, like a 1 piece CFDS. I love my PST too much to go back to stock.

Yep , i remember reading someone broke the sway bar by rubbing the CFDS

HydeDW
09-17-2010, 10:50 PM
I have tried and run both PST brand CFDS on my 97' VR4. The single shaft nor present two piece shaft install ever made contact with my rear mount Saner sway bar; there is indeed a very small margin of clearance though! The clearance challenges others have reported/experienced might be attributable to slight variance in the sway bar mount point? I never had need to investigate but possibly there is sufficient movement to allow the sway bar to be pushed upward a small margin before torquing down the mounting bolts - is the only explanation I can surmise?

Dan
97VR4

Apache
09-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I think the biggest problem people have had with contacting the sway bar with the driveshaft was probably under launch conditions, where the driveshaft wants to try and shift due to the sudden load applied to it.