PDA

View Full Version : Call for August Car of the Month entries :: STOCK 3/S/GTO's

sixsixfour
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome to 3SGTO's Car of the Month!

This month's category is stock 3/S/GTO's!!!
:Clap:

Entry Details: Stock: If your 3/S/GTO is stock or nearly stock, you may enter this category. Nearly stock will be defined as upgraded air filter and wheels are acceptable. If you would like to enter, but aren't sure if you are stock/nearly stock, just send me a PM (sixsixfour)!
Deadline for entries is August 1st!

Each month will be themed with an all in, non 3/S or specific 3/S category. The categories are already picked out and planned through December 2011.

How to enter?
Create a garage page with your car, info, and pictures and then private message me that you want to enter and what your link to your garage is! You can find the garage link at the top of the forum next to "forum." For example: 3000GT / Stealth / GTO - VB Pro Garage (http://www.3sgto.org/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=1)

Once all entries are in, a voting thread will be created so that everyone can vote on their favorite for that month!

When is August's deadline?
August 1st!
All entry deadlines will be the 1st of the month you are entering for and the voting thread will extend through the 7th of the month that is being voted on.

What does the winner get?
The winner will be added to the 3SGTO home page as well as a forum banner :) There are also some other things to be added for the winner in the future.

What are the categories for each month?
Nov - all 3/S/GTO WINNER :: green-lantern!
Dec - FWD WINNER :: Maximal!
Jan - 1st gen WINNER :: blasde!
Feb - all 3/S/GTO WINNER :: Sin'sVr4!
March - non 3/S/GTO WINNER :: Pezcore!
April - AWD WINNER :: sixsixfour!
May - spyder WINNER :: Jimvr4!
June - all 3/S/GTO WINNER :: 93STLTH!
July - 2nd gen WINNER :: The Linchpin!
Aug - all stock
Sept - ATX
Oct - all 3/S/GTO
Nov - 3/S/GTO Interior
Dec - all 500+ hp

Can you clarify some of the monthly categories for us?
ALL 3/S/GTO: As long as your car is a Mitsubishi 3000GT, Dodge Stealth, or Mitsubishi GTO, you can enter it for this category.
FWD: Front Wheel Drivetrains only for this category.
AWD: All Wheel Drivetrains only for this category.
1st Generation: As long as your 3/S/GTO is 1993 or older, you can enter for this category.
2nd Generation: As long as your 3/S/GTO is 1994 or newer, you can enter for this category.
Non 3/S/GTO: All other makes or models, aside from 3/S/GTO's may enter this category.
Spyders: Only 3/S/GTO Spyders can enter this category. This does include Stramans and other non factory convertibles.
All Stock: If your 3/S/GTO is stock or nearly stock, you may enter this category. Nearly stock will be defined as upgraded air filter and wheels are acceptable. If you would like to enter, but aren't sure if you as nearly stock, just send me a PM!
Interior: If your 3/S/GTO has an awesome interior, you can enter your car for this category. This includes stock or modified.
500hp +: If your car is 500hp or more, you may enter your car for this category. Dyno numbers are required for submission. This includes 3/S/GTOs and other makes/models.
ATX: the only requirement here is an automatic transmission and for your car to be a 3/S/GTO!

Any questions? LMK! -Cty

IPD
07-13-2011, 09:14 PM
just to clarify, if it's modified...but still falls within OEM spec...it still qualifies, right? (i.e. base converted to OEM vr4 spec)

J-Groove
07-13-2011, 11:19 PM
I'll have to enter.

All I have is wheels, rotors, BOV, short throw shifter and flash tune.

Car is still in 4X4 mode. haha

-John

Chris GTO TT
07-14-2011, 12:50 AM
gunna have to remember to do this.

JohnnyTurbo
07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
just to clarify, if it's modified...but still falls within OEM spec...it still qualifies, right? (i.e. base converted to OEM vr4 spec)Again, like with the first gen - second gen issue, what the VIN says should be the deciding factor. An SL that has been converted to AWD/Twin Turbo is an AWD/TT SL, not a VR4. It is LIKE a VR4, but it is NOT a VR4. Sorry no mater what the platform, I'm a purist and a clone is a clone, never the real deal. Stock is stock, changed is not.

sixsixfour
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry for the delay, I wanted to consult before replying.

just to clarify, if it's modified...but still falls within OEM spec...it still qualifies, right? (i.e. base converted to OEM vr4 spec)
Stock would mean all model/year appropriate body panels. So even though your car would be stock if it were sold as a VR4, it did not come off the production line as a VR4.