PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Cameras

Maximal
09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
For you guys at BRG that saw the camera I was rocking you know how awesome thing thing is. For everyone else it's a small camera that mounts to you vehicle multiple ways allowing you to take video from anywhere on/in your car. With the mounts that are included and additional ones they offer you can mount it pretty much anywhere.

It shoots up to 1080P video and is smaller than most point and shoot film cameras let alone video cameras.

Here's a video I shot with it at BRG...keep in mind YouTube does degrade the quality some. This was also shot on the 720P setting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lFAd4UK_k

I have the HD motorsports package up on my site at the moment. The company offers a few other setups (mainly mounting differences) and also a standard def camera. They're not on the site as of yet but will be shortly along with a bunch of accessories for them.

http://www.maximalperformance.com/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=29

Let me know if you guys have any questions or interest in the other cameras/accessories.

93STLTH
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Have you had any problems downloading your vids? I just got mine before the NG and the videos play fine when directly played from the camera, but when I download them to a PC, they become choppy and pixelated. Just wondering if you have any tips to help me get the vids out to the world.

Maximal
07-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Sounds like it might be a PC issue with it not having enough power to play the videos...seems weird if you play them directly from the camera they work fine though.

terrets
07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I may have to get one for my birthday :D

93STLTH
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Sounds like it might be a PC issue with it not having enough power to play the videos...seems weird if you play them directly from the camera they work fine though.

I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong when downloading the vids to my PC. I know my PC has plenty of power. I'm not at my PC right now, but it's a top of the line Gateway that's about 2 years old. Maybe I don't have the latest version of Quicktime, and that's what it want's to default to. They won't play on Windows Media Player, but that's what I use for my regular vids.

Maximal
07-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Try VLC media player.

Jimvr4
07-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Do you have Windows XP? It does not have an MPEG2 decoder built in. Vista and Win7 fixed this as they licensed one for distribution. Once you get a good video decoder then Media Player can use it. I recommend NVidia Pure Video Decoder. Get the Windows video decoder check utility and it will let you pair an installed decoder with Media Player. VLC has a built in MPEG2 decoder but it's not the best.

93STLTH
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I just realized that the 2 vids I downloaded to my laptop are fine, so it's something on my PC that's screwing up my GoPro vids. Fortunately, I haven't deleted anything from my memory cards, so I'll have to download the rest to my laptop.

Erron Spalsbury
07-12-2011, 06:28 PM
These are the greatest things ever! I have the motorsports kit and a few other mods as well. I use this thing for everything.

I recorded and made a movie from our race, the Chumpcar 24 hour at PPIR a few weeks ago. This is a good comparison. The front facing camera is the gopro hd. The rear facing camera is my buddies high-end Sony Hd. (about 1500 bucks worth of camera)
Have a look, watch the hd version. The actual video starts about 30 seconds in and toggles between the two cameras a few times in the vid. I recommend these to anyone, but get the lcd backpack. It makes the setup and everything in between MUCH easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ki68MLKIfE

terrets
07-13-2011, 01:59 AM
^How were these both mounted?

Because that GoPro looks DAMN good compared to the Sony, especially for ~1000 less. Haha. And whats with the vibration look from the Sony? ickkk.

Erron Spalsbury
07-13-2011, 10:47 AM
The go pro is mounted about a foot back on the hood with the supplied 3m sticky mounts they come with. The Sony is mounted on a proper IO Port vibration resistant roll cage mount.

MR2
10-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Must buy one of these one day :)

AdamVR4
11-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been looking for something to get general footage of my car... I'd like to get some in-car views at the drag strip, too. Is this the best bang for the buck out there?

Adam

DrGonzo
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Here is a comparison to the non-HD version of the GoPro.
I shot this for BRG2010 on my standard GoPro.

During processing and editing I was able to max it out at 720p but YouTube down graded it severely when I uploaded it to barely 360p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iTg0PEV3QA&feature=related

DocWalt
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
You going to be selling the Hero 3, Terry?

Maximal
10-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Unfortunately I can no longer get GoPro's. They changed the structure of the wholesale accounts to allow only places with a physical showroom.

DocWalt
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Darn.