PDA

View Full Version : Other different ways to bypass clutch safety switch?

n2nsanity
05-15-2011, 02:11 AM
i just did a 5spd conversion.
i also replaced the engine harness
i was thinking this would take care of the clutch switch issue, but that is part of the body harness

the atx neutral safety switch connector isn't there, so that's not an option
is there another way to do this?

Nationalmilkman
05-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I just unplugged the clutch switch on mine but is a factory 5sp. Now I can start it without pressing the clutch pedal.

n2nsanity
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
i have the mtx engine harness swapped in, but still have the atx body harness
also, mtx ecu in
maybe its because of something else?

stealthee
05-15-2011, 01:31 PM
ATX and MTX have the same ECU

n2nsanity
05-15-2011, 02:02 PM
one of the reasons for swapping the harness and ecu was to go from ca spec to fed spec
that and the harness was all hacked up
seemed like a good idea
now wishing i would have did the atx swap and then tested before messing with the wire harness
theres like 500 connectors to remember to connect lol
2 of them i'm stuck on already on top of the clutch safety switch issue

milkman said something about just disconnecting the clutch switch connector at the pedal and he could start without the clutch depressed
if that's the case, then it shouldnt be an issue for me, just need to get everything connected properly

is this right?

Alex3000gt
05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Do you still have the connector under the hood that plugged into the auto trans? How did you wire up reverse lights? Reverse lights are on the same auto trans plug as the neutral switch wires.

n2nsanity
05-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Do you still have the connector under the hood that plugged into the auto trans? How did you wire up reverse lights? Reverse lights are on the same auto trans plug as the neutral switch wires.

Swapped atx harness for the mtx harness, so i don't have that atx plug any more, and i just used the reverse light connector from the mtx harness

I'm just hoping to verify that I shouldn't need the clutch switch before I go putting everything back together.

Alex3000gt
05-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Ah, so the car is not back together yet?

Look at the wiring diagram for the auto and see where the neutral switch goes back to the ECU. These wires need to be crossed.