PDA

View Full Version : Acura/Honda drivers

Macky
09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
You know you're out there! post up! :D

Syn
09-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I picked up an '06 S2000 in June. I have some Direzza Star Specs on it (which by the way are amazing tires) and it's completely stock otherwise. I'm going to get a Flashpro (EMS/tuning device for those unfamiliar) at some point here in the next few months to really open up my options. 06+ S2000s have a fully reprogrammable ECU so I'd be doing things like dropping VTEC engagement point, bumping redline up to 8500, playing with timing to take advantage of 93 octane, etc. Plus I can datalog and tune whatever I want. After that I'm thinking about saving for a turbo kit because the only thing I think this car needs is a bit of extra power--everything else is great already.

wraith
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I have a 2007 Acura TL type S . Its my DD and its a nice ride. If this thing was rwd or AWD, it would be a remarable vehicle. Being FWD, its really limited but its quick for a 3.5 liter and all the gizmos in the car keep me preoccupied. Its got an excellent stereo, backup camera, nav, really love this car as a DD

Macky
09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
I have a 2007 Acura TL type S . Its my DD and its a nice ride. If this thing was rwd or AWD, it would be a remarable vehicle. Being FWD, its really limited but its quick for a 3.5 liter and all the gizmos in the car keep me preoccupied. Its got an excellent stereo, backup camera, nav, really love this car as a DD

cool! I actually have an 06 Navi (http://www.3sgto.org/garage.php?do=user_garage_view&id=678). I thought about the Type S (it came out when I got mine in sept '06) but the deal I got for mine was a no brainer. plus, I got the TL to get into a low maintenance car. The Type S had brembos - that alone plus the DRL were the deal breakers for me :)

Chris GTO TT
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/gallery/data/505/honda-ricer.jpg
:p

Frostedbutts
09-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Don't hate.

I'd love to trade my VR4 for an S2000, or sell it and get an S2000. I've been cruising craigslist every now and again for one.

Macky
09-15-2010, 12:41 AM
http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/gallery/data/505/honda-ricer.jpg
:p

hater lol

at least my baby is my daily driver :p :D

Macky
09-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Don't hate.

I'd love to trade my VR4 for an S2000, or sell it and get an S2000. I've been cruising craigslist every now and again for one.

An S2000 is a fun car to drive. If only it were a hardtop Id buy it. The optional hardtop roof is a clumsy one to store, wish it was built in.

my first car was a Glacier White Pearl FWD 3000GT. From there it went to an Wicked White Evo GSR > Weightless White Evo MR > White Diamond Pearl TL Navi, which is again FWD. I think Im going back to my FWD roots. too bad there is no 2011 Mitsubishi 3000GT otherwise that would be my current car ;)

Vantage
09-15-2010, 02:41 AM
I DD a 97 Honda Accord...gets the job done at relatively low cost so I cant complain.

VR-4 0wnz j00
09-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Always been a fan of Honda, 83 Civic was my first car. Currently DDing a 96 Civic EK hatch.

gstrika
09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
whats going on guys

i drive a 02 rsx, currently in the process of swapping in a k24a2 from a 06+ tsx and browsing for some decent cam options..

heres a pic of her..

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/kilg80/DSCN0369.jpg

it has blacked out headlights and a vibrant flat black muffler now too

Syn
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Don't hate.

Check autotrader.com and cars.com also. And some S2000 forums: s2ki.com & s2kca.com are the biggest. You can get an AP1 for near $10k in good shape with reasonable miles. I got my 06 for $15,000; the bank thinks it's worth $19,000 though :)

Definitely the most fun car I've owned. VR4 comes in second.

Runner up
09-16-2010, 01:55 AM
I DD a '97 civic. It's nice for what it is. Great on gas, power sunroof, comfortable. Love it.

SilverBullet
09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I DD a 98 Honda Accord 4cyl. It's not bad, gets me to work and back. My gas mileage should be better, I get about 26mpg right now. My cat is clogged I think, once I replace it I should see some better mileage. It's got about 170k on it.

Atrosity
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Not a fan of hondas at all! :puke: Call me a hater but the drivers ruined the brand for me. Just like the drivers ruined the prius for everyone else.

VR4
09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
got a 99 civic CX collecting dust. if i ever get off my ass ill build a K24 for it but keep it otherwise stock looking.

Macky
09-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Not a fan of hondas at all! :puke: Call me a hater but the drivers ruined the brand for me. Just like the drivers ruined the prius for everyone else.

Im not surprised. frankly that is so true. most of the honda drivers here ruin the name in more ways than one. but i think its because older once-good models are now falling into the hands of these drivers. and thus makes it easier for them to own and screw up the car.

EthanS
09-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I daily a 93' Civic, 260k miles and still kickin! working on it is like friggin playing with legos. I love it. Consistent 42mpg city/highway mix :) I've never spent more than like $60 on a single part...

wraith
09-16-2010, 08:24 PM
cool! I actually have an 06 Navi (http://www.3sgto.org/garage.php?do=user_garage_view&id=678). I thought about the Type S (it came out when I got mine in sept '06) but the deal I got for mine was a no brainer. plus, I got the TL to get into a low maintenance car. The Type S had brembos - that alone plus the DRL were the deal breakers for me :)

I wanted the Type S because of the bigger motor 3.5 liter 286hp and it has all the gizmos the car came with so no options but manual or auto. The regular TL was just too slow after coming from my 400hp GTO but I needed better mileage and an auto so this was the compromise. It also has a really tight suspension that feels fantastic, noise cancelling technology, voice control that works. Its an amazing car for its price, but I wish it was AWD or RWD. FWD ruins the great suspension they put under it. The bottom line is I knew these things really hold their value well. I can drive this thing for another 2 years and only lose a couple grand on its value. Try to do that with a Mercedes or BMW and you lose more then half its value in just 2 years and they cost 2x as much to begin with.

Sam

Macky
09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
I wanted the Type S because of the bigger motor 3.5 liter 286hp and it has all the gizmos the car came with so no options but manual or auto. The regular TL was just too slow after coming from my 400hp GTO but I needed better mileage and an auto so this was the compromise. It also has a really tight suspension that feels fantastic, noise cancelling technology, voice control that works. Its an amazing car for its price, but I wish it was AWD or RWD. FWD ruins the great suspension they put under it. The bottom line is I knew these things really hold their value well. I can drive this thing for another 2 years and only lose a couple grand on its value. Try to do that with a Mercedes or BMW and you lose more then half its value in just 2 years and they cost 2x as much to begin with.

Sam

i agree. i really wish the 3G TL was at least AWD or RWD. its a shame only the 4G is now AWD, with a similar torque-vectoring active rear diff similar to the Evo X.

blackjdmpower
09-17-2010, 12:51 AM
My DD:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/aznboifo-ever/Editone.jpg

some won't like it, but when I drive this thing, I'm constantly trying to get the best mpg I can, and so far my personal best is 48 mpg.

Macky
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Now that the Fiesta arrived on US shores, Im actually torn between the Fit Sport and the new Fiesta hatchback as my next dd. The Fit was looking to be my next dd replacement. But right now, the DRLs on the Fit are pretty much the deal breakers for me, as the Fiesta trumps it with the dual clutch 6-speed AT. I know that doesnt make sense but something about the headlights being the DRL just doesnt appeal to me.

activeaero
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
i drive an 06 tsx and i love the thing, i sometimes wish it was turboed and RWD but honestly the driving "feel" of the car is close to perfect,. steering is responsive, shifter is awesome, the chasis is great too. The engine output is great for a FWD car since theres no torque steer and you can floor it and row through the gears without getting into super illegal speeds. driving around the car within 90% of its limits and you can't tell its FWD, it only understeers when you really push it, the wishing for a turbo and RWD i guess is more for braging/prestige i guess.....

Sometimes i think about trading it in, i have no real complaints, i guess i'm just looking for something new. So far only the new TL SHAWD 6 speed piques my interest, but if i were to do that i'd def need to get an aftermarket front bumper/grille, i was also super close to trading it in for a 2003-ish M3 but the maintainence cost scared me away.

overall, wouldn't hestitate to recommend this car to someone else or to get another honda/acura, damn ricers give the whole crowd a bad image, but i'm glad that fad has been fading, aleast around me

Macky
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Id have traded in my car for the new TL had the face not have that schnoz. it looks like a big bucktooth. Ive driven it a few times as a loaner when i had my car in for service. pretty good. the new TSX is quite good too :)

Stealthdriver
09-23-2010, 10:27 AM
My DD:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/Stealthdriva/IMG_1146.jpg

Very reliable, gets me to work and back, just wish it was a bit quicker :)

skyrunner
09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
1993 Civic LX here. 40mpg, FTW!!

TajMan
09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
I DD a 97 Honda Accord...gets the job done at relatively low cost so I cant complain.
I just got my daily driver fixed and I've put 500 miles on it, I'm loving it pretty good.
Its a '95 Accord, 2.2L SOHC 16-valve engine.
I got the car with 200K miles exactly, had a bad headgasket, and now its got new:
-different F22 rebuilt cylinder head
-piston rings
-rod bearings
-water pump, timing belt, balance shaft belt, etc
With all that and more the engine runs seemingly great, ready to last another 200K miles! Its a solid well driving car, better than most 200K cars for sure, go Honda.

Irocurstang
09-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Who drives a Honda? HAHA Im just playin.... had a 91 civic hatch, funlittle go-cart.

Stealthdriver
09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Who drives a Honda? HAHA Im just playin.... had a 91 civic hatch, funlittle go-cart.

Says the guy who drives an iroc?? :D

Irocurstang
10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I know right, dam those cocky camaro drivers

Chris GTO TT
10-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Says the guy who drives a mullet?? :D

Fixt...