PDA

View Full Version : 92/94 Stealth RT/TT $$2500/$4500

RealMcCoy
05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
92/94 $ $2500/$4500

A concept that may come easy to most normal people, to an addict like myself may not be so obvious: The idea that trying to build, keep and maintain four RT/TT's is just retarded... It may seem kinda cool, but then you realize what it's costing you, and that NONE of them get the attention they should.

So in order to disqualify myself from a free ride to work on the short bus, I'm putting a couple of them up for sale. Both are unfinished projects, with full descriptions of what you get in the ad.

I purchased these cars with intention of fixing them up, enjoying them for a while, and eventually selling them. But I just don't have the time or money to continue with them without taking it from projects that are more important.

My prices are already dirt cheap, and not negotiable...

First up is a 91 RT/TT w/170k on the clock. I have not had this one long, I literally drug it out of a guys back yard where it had been parked for 5 years... It was pretty nasty in and out when I got it, but my friend with detail shop did an amazing job cleaning it up... I was told the heads were done on it, then shortly afterwards, it had problems the owner couldn't figure out and he parked it, eventually giving up on it.

Some things I had to do to it to make it run and drive:

rebuilt ECU
replaced ETACS
replaced one front axle
new front brakes
new spark plugs

I did a compression test while I had the plugs out, 150 across the board.
I should also note that it has a 25 spline trans in it.
The paint is rough, and the primary reason for the low price. You can view most of the flaws in the pic album posted.
The wheels are nice, but too small for the car. they need to be sold to someone with an N/A or DSM, and replaced. The tires have good tread and are the correct size.
Considering the time it was parked, a 60K would be advised.(sans the plugs I already did)

link to the photo album: Fiji91 pictures by lnmccoy - Photobucket (http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/Fiji91/)

Price is $2500

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/Fiji91/Fiji91_2.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/Fiji91/fiji91_17.jpg

Next up is my Pearl Yellow 94 RT/TT... It will be a sad day for me to sell this car, but trying to finish it is keeping me from the 95 that I want to build, so it needs to go. This is a high mile car, with 247K California freeway miles on it. There is a little fading in the paint from the Cali sun, but overall it is gorgeous... This is one of the few cars I've driven that I've had people stop me to ask what it is, change lanes to check it out, constantly asking if it is original or custom paint...

The list of it's flaws/needed repairs:

needs valve stem seals
needs a full 120k service
door panels and rear corners are bubbling
sunroof crank broken
needs antenna mast
driver seat bolster damage
May need a clutch in the near future (it works fine, but the pressure plate feels a little stiff to me.)
It's going to need front brakes soon
right rear wheel is a little rashed up(most people will ditch those wheels anyway, not the most popular style..)

Price "as is" is $4500

I have been slowly collecting parts to restore this car, and I would be willing to sell the collection with the car for a pretty good price.

What I have:

mint set of front seats
mint set of door panels
mint interior corner panels
new antenna mast
replacement sunroof crank assembly
all OE 120k parts(sans water and oil pumps)

I'll sell the entire collection of parts with the car for an additional $1000 (seats will be installed, I keep the cores)

Link to the pic album:pearly94 pictures by lnmccoy - Photobucket (http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/pearly94/)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/pearly94/pearly94_3.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/lnmccoy/pearly94/pearly94_7.jpg

dfoster101
05-19-2011, 11:00 PM
im still gettin the blue one larry im just working out the shipping with the shippers gimmie a call so i can get you paid though ok thanks my number incase you lost it is 319 450 3581.. thanks and man cant wait to drive it !! was gonna fly or train it there but tickets seemed to of doubled in the short time since i first talked to darwin about buying it ... jsut gimmie a hollar its all good im not flaking out on ya ,, thanks for being patient though ... peace

IPD
05-23-2011, 01:16 AM
damn that blue one is a STEAL!

...maybe jrod wants the yellow one...? :suspect:

Alex3000gt
06-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Is this blue one still for sale?

RealMcCoy
07-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner... I had intended to, and just spaced it...

Both cars are still for sale. The blue one is currently at a friend's place in Norcal, about 300 miles from me. We had a sale in the works, and he was the middle man in the delivery. The sale didn't happen, and I haven't transported it back here yet. I'm hoping it won't be necessary to do so, as he's had several people down there interested, but no money yet...

Blue91SL
08-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Blue one still available? Would make an adorable sibling for my 3000 :)

CoreyB
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow those are cheap, love the blue one.

RealMcCoy
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Both cars are still available... Had a LOT of interest in the blue car, many people claiming they want it, but nobody has put green in my hand yet...

I've had some lowball offers on it, and even a couple that weren't too far off the mark, but I feel I need to reiterate that I'm not budging on the price. I'll pull it from the market and do something else with it before I take less money....

I listed it that cheap thinking it would be gone in a couple days. I'm starting to think I should have listed it for a thousand more and let someone talk me down some.

Haven't had a lot of action on the yellow car, but I admittedly haven't been trying very hard to sell it... Planning to do some work on my red car soon, and I'll want something besides my truck to drive while it's down... :D

BigTyla
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
$2500 for a running TT? How do you still own that car? If you weren't clear on the opposite side of the country from me I'd almost feel obligated to buy it from you at that price!

Blue91SL
08-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Other side of the country or not, I want it...
Would you mind taking me some more pics and giving me a little time to convince the lady we need it?

RealMcCoy
08-12-2011, 12:33 AM
$2500 for a running TT? How do you still own that car? If you weren't clear on the opposite side of the country from me I'd almost feel obligated to buy it from you at that price!
Nobody is more surprised than me... At that price I was expecting it to last a day or so.

Other side of the country or not, I want it...
Would you mind taking me some more pics and giving me a little time to convince the lady we need it?

I'm currently 300 miles away from the car... Did you see the pic album I listed in the first post? was there something in particular you wanted more detail on? I could probably arrange to have some pics taken if need be.

Blue91SL
08-12-2011, 02:09 AM
If you could, just get me a few more pictures of the car's exterior, and a little more detail on the interior (back seats, trunk, etc).
If you could, give me a call sometime soon at (864)-353-0335 so we can talk stuff over. I work 2-10PM EST tomorrow, but any time other than that is okay.

-dLs-
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Soooooo...I currently have Larry's Blue Stealth with my black one here. Im posting because i have the ability to take pictures and fill in on it. Just as an FYI there are two folks currently pulling pennies for $3,500. I know larry has it posted for $2,500 which is fine if a forum member likes it at that price and will be his call.

BUT that aside, what is it that you wish to see more detail of?

-dLs-