PDA

View Full Version : To Turbo, or not to Turbo

Sean Johnson
09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
The Mini Cooper. I have the kit, and the car has all the supporting mods. But my issue is, right now it's running so reliable. Winter project of course.

Polygon
09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
It's a factory kit right? If so, why not. I'm sure it will be perfectly reliable.

GTwizard
09-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I would think it is a matter what you intend to do with the car. Do you wish to catch other unsuspecting gear heads? Are you going to play leap-frog from light to light? Or let the kids take it to school? My vote is to do it. Others will wonder why you have a shiteatin grin on your face all day. Even when you get pulled over for excessive exceloration, you will still have that stupid smile on your face while getting the ticket.

Austin@STM
09-28-2010, 01:54 AM
I would think it is a matter what you intend to do with the car. Do you wish to catch other unsuspecting gear heads? Are you going to play leap-frog from light to light? Or let the kids take it to school? My vote is to do it. Others will wonder why you have a shiteatin grin on your face all day. Even when you get pulled over for excessive exceloration, you will still have that stupid smile on your face while getting the ticket.

I agree i say go for it, i think it would be great fun driving a turbo mini around.

terrets
09-28-2010, 01:56 AM
You could supercharge it also. Ive ridden in a SC one and its TONS of fun. I think you will be alright in the reliability field. Such a tiny motor :D.

TwistedRoots
10-09-2010, 11:30 PM
If you turbo it, I'm sure you won't regret it! I let my supercharger kit sit around for a year because my engine wasn't in the greatest condition. I planned on building a good block, then installing everything. I finally just put it together, and its never going back to stock. That line about having a stupid smile on your face while getting a ticket from GTwizard is completely true!