PDA

View Full Version : Member of the Month/Year

blindmist
09-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Have something for paid members and non-members. Open to suggestions. I think maybe something like this for a non-member.

Maybe we can work something out like awarding a 1 year membership to a member that has contributed the most during that time period. Most helpful, not impeding, and a level headed member.

Maybe a gift 3S or 3Sgto related for the paid members.

Paid members get to vote on the non-members in a thread and they send a PM to the person running it for the Paid members.

Hell, I even volunteer to run it and pay for some of it. I just think this is a great way to boast community effort, and that can only better this place. (Just watch 3si steal this).

Atrosity
09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Love it! What ever the gift is, I hope it has a 3SGTO branding on it ...it can be as simple as a calendar and stickers but hey you won ROTY/ROTM you deserve something!

blindmist
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
^^^ Exactly. No one said it had to be a friggin blow off valve or a new tranny! lol

Atrosity
09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah I like the idea a lot, it makes it worth something.

Tos
09-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Good ideas. Got my support

elyria_boy
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I like this idea. I was thinking of some clever program to implement that would allow members who wanted to support the site but couldn't do it monitarally to contribute. A lot of us have families, or are in school, the economy is in the shitter. I was thinking a to do list with someone in charge of seeing a task was completed, and when you have done enough Bitch work you get to be a paid member for free. Or you get a sticker or a hat. Maybe do 3 quality write-ups with pics for the how-to page or somethin. But your idea is better so never mind. :p

Austin@STM
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I like the idea as well, and we would be willing to help out a little with this if needed. Not any huge prize every month, but something to give it meaning, like a discount or gift certificate, something a little bigger for member of the year winner maybe as well.

-Ausitn@STM

Alan92RTTT
09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
I'll thing about it. I'd like to get everyting running smooth and the car of the month rolling along.

blindmist
09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Alan, is there a way to see who has received the most "Thanks" in a month? I think it would be really good for people to start using the "Thanks" system as a mean of credibility.

Atrosity
09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Would be cool. I am always thankin peeps. People need to be thanked!

colt45 gto
09-24-2010, 04:41 PM
yep Thanks are good! but wouldn't the Thanks have to be reset every month?

blindmist
09-25-2010, 12:48 AM
yep Thanks are good! but wouldn't the Thanks have to be reset every month?

Depends on how its stored in the database.